We continue our Christmas Appeal spotlight series on the organisations set to benefit as a result of your generous donations this festive season, with a closer look at the work of Spirit Aid.
Spirit Aid is dedicated to alleviating the suffering of children and young people and families, whose lives have been devastated by war, poverty, lack of opportunity or humanitarian crisis.
Having partnered with Celtic FC Foundation through our Football for Good Fund, Spirit Aid played a vital role in ensuring that those most in need received food hampers and supermarket vouchers, since the beginning of the pandemic.
Fuel poverty has had a major impact throughout, with the cuts in universal credit and increase in the cost of household fuel, so the work of Spirit Aid has been essential.
Throughout the festive period, the organisation will be providing practical support to families living in poverty, through the provision of food hampers and assistance with heating allowance, as well as supplying toys for many children who might otherwise receive nothing.
Patrick Rolink of Spirit Aid expressed his gratitude for the continued assistance of the Celtic support. He said: “Celtic FC Foundation have consistently supported the work that Spirit Aid does in our communities. Without the backing of the Foundation we would be unable to put food on the table for families burdened with food and fuel poverty.”
Patrick has spoken to us previously of the levels of poverty he has witnessed throughout the pandemic and how being plunged into such situations in a relatively short period of time has affected so many people. Spirit Aid has found that the winter months and all that comes with the festive period, makes this the most challenging time of year, especially due to the added pressure that Christmas can bring.
Patrick recognises the efforts made by the Celtic family and the difference that the Foundation can make this Christmas, with your support. He added: “Celtic FC Foundation have reached deep into our communities by working with grass roots charities like Spirit Aid and have had a positive and real impact on families living in real poverty.”
With your help, Spirit Aid will have a wide reaching impact this Christmas.
Spirit Aid joins Safe in Scotland, Glasgow City Mission, PEEK, St Roch’s FC Foundation, The Invisibles, Woman’s Aid in Dublin and Women’s Aid Belfast and Lisburn as the latest Appeal beneficiary to be confirmed.
Through the Appeal we want to give hundreds of families in our communities the Christmas they deserve, making sure there’s food on the table and gifts under the tree.
We also wish to help pensioners, women and children in refuge, the homeless community and refugees – as well as a whole host of others facing poverty and hardship.
Charity, and the generosity and compassion of the Celtic Family, will always be our past, present and future – it’s our heritage, our responsibility, our lifeblood.
Please join Celtic FC Foundation in making a difference this Christmas – it’s our reason for being.
The key ways to get behind the Christmas Appeal 2021, include:
- Donate by text – text ‘CELTIC’ followed by ‘£1’, ‘£5’ or ‘£10’ to 70085*
- Donate online HERE
- Donate via PayPal HERE
- Donate via Facebook HERE
- Donate in Cash – there are collection boxes located in all Celtic Stores
- Donate by Cheque – payable to ‘Celtic FC Foundation’ and sent to Celtic FC Foundation, Celtic Park, Glasgow G40 3RE.
- Provide support through your Christmas shopping via Give as you Live and AmazonSmile HERE
- Make a donation to receive your ‘Celtic FC Foundation Letter from Santa’ HERE
- Purchase our brand new Foundation T-shirt HERE
- Sign up for the Celtic Sleep Out, London on Friday, December 3 HERE
- Support our Light Up the Clover initiative on Thursday, December 9 or matchday bucket collection on Sunday, December 12 – to register as a volunteer collector, call 0141 551 4486 or email [email protected]
- Enter our new Christmas Appeal Prize Draw – further details to follow.
Thank you for your magnificent support.
*Texts will cost the donation amount, plus one standard rate message.