Celtic FC Foundation, the Club’s charitable arm, are delighted today to officially launch our 2022 Christmas Appeal. The Club has once again kicked-off the campaign with a wonderful donation of £10,000, as we ask you to Share the Magic of Celtic this festive season.
Tomorrow (November 6) will mark 135 years since the formation of Celtic Football Club, in St Mary’s Church Hall in East Rose Street, Calton, and our Appeal reflects the very essence of why our Club was set up back in 1887 by continuing to help those in our community who are most in need.
The launch of this year’s Appeal follows last week’s announcement that the Foundation have committed £400K to aid those in fuel crisis across Scotland.
The festive period, although ordinarily a joyous time for most, is often one of the most difficult times of the year for those who are struggling financially. However, the ongoing cost of living crisis poses an even greater challenge this winter for so many.
Through our Appeal, we want to give hundreds of families in our communities the Christmas they deserve, making sure there’s food on the table and gifts under the tree.
We also aim to help pensioners, women and children in refuge, the homeless community and refugees – as well as a whole host of others facing poverty and hardship.
In addition to encouraging donations, the Appeal will also see the return of a host of fundraising events and initiatives and also the introduction of our new ‘Santa Stroll’. These include:
- November 5-13: Thanks to Clubs sponsors Dafabet and Magners, the shirts from today’s match will feature our Christmas Appeal logo and will be auctioned from kick-off
- November 6: Founding Fathers’ Fast
- November 12: Our annual Christmas Appeal matchday bucket collection at the cinch Premiership match against Ross County
- November 19: Celtic Sleep Out, Glasgow
- November 25: Ghirls for Good festive extravaganza, sponsored by the Ellen Kane Trust
- November 28-December 19: Christmas Appeal Prize Draw
- December 3: Celtic Sleep Out, Donegal
- December 10: The Santa Stroll (One Mile or 5k)
- December 10: Celtic Sleep Out, London
Supporters will be able to support the Appeal while they do their Christmas shopping, as Celtic Football Club and Celtic FC Foundation have come together to create a very special ‘Walfrid’s Wishlist’. Every festive item you purchase from this magical selection will result in a contribution being made towards the Appeal – just look for the Christmas Appeal Snow Globe while shopping.
There will also be an opportunity to purchase one of the LOVE UNITES warm-up jerseys worn ahead of the recent match with Heart of Midlothian. These Foundation branded jerseys have been signed by members of the match squad and proceeds raised will support our Appeal and LGBT Youth Scotland.
As well as this, we will be launching a brand new, limited edition Celtic FC Foundation T-shirt with net proceeds dedicated to the Appeal. The Foundation branded LOVE UNITES jerseys and our new T-shirt will be sold online via the Celtic Store and further details are coming soon.
Thanks also to Club sponsor, Intelligent Car Leasing, who have very kindly donated their LED advertising allocation again for the entire season, which allows us to share Christmas Appeal news at home matches.
Speaking of the Appeal, Celtic Chief Executive, Michael Nicholson, said: “We are delighted to kick-off this year’s Foundation Christmas Appeal with a £10,000 donation from the Club. The work of Celtic FC Foundation is hugely important in helping those in need.
“Through a huge collective effort between our colleagues, players, supporters and sponsors to support the Foundation, so much has been achieved to make a real and meaningful difference and through this year’s Appeal, we are aiming to assist even more people this Christmas.
“Celtic’s social dimension and community focus has always been and always will be fundamental to the Club and through the Foundation, we aim to make a positive difference to the lives of people who need this support, once again honouring the great charitable ambitions of the Club’s founders.”
Celtic FC Foundation Chief Executive, Tony Hamilton, added: “As we approach the festive season in the midst of a cost of living crisis, we know that more people than ever within our communities will be struggling this year.
“Christmas can be a very challenging time for so many, with the financial pressures of providing things such as food and gifts but times are even harder for the most vulnerable.
“With this in mind, our Christmas Appeal will be more vital now than ever before, as we aim to provide assistance to those who need it most, during what should be a time of joy and cheer.
“We’re extremely grateful to everyone who has supported us in the past and once again, we are humbly requesting the backing of our supporters to get behind the Appeal. Thank you for helping to make a difference.”
The generosity and compassion of the Celtic support is truly unsurpassed and we simply cannot make a difference to the lives of so many without you.
Together, we can Share the Magic this Christmas.
HERE is a reminder of the incredible difference you made in 2021.
To get behind this year’s Christmas Appeal, you can:
- Donate online HERE
- Donate via PayPal HERE
- Donate via Facebook HERE
- Donate by text – text ‘CELTIC’ followed by ‘£1’, ‘£5’ or ‘£10’ to 70085*
- Donate in Cash – there are collection boxes located in all Celtic Stores
- Donate by Cheque – payable to ‘Celtic FC Foundation’ and sent to Celtic FC Foundation, Celtic Park, Glasgow G40 3RE
- Provide support through your Christmas shopping in Celtic stores or online by purchasing an item from ‘Walfrid’s Wishlist’ HERE
- Provide support through your Christmas shopping via Give as you Live and AmazonSmile HERE
- Take part in tomorrow’s Founding Fathers’ Fast and donate £5 through one of the outlets above. Get involved HERE
- Contribute via our Christmas Appeal Logo Shirt Auction which will be live from kick-off today until Sunday, November 13 – further details to follow
- Support our Christmas Appeal Bucket Collection on Saturday, November 12 – to register as a volunteer collector, call 0141 551 4321 or email [email protected]
- Sign up for the Celtic Sleep Out, Glasgow on Saturday, November 19 HERE
- Come along to the Ghirls for Good on Friday, November 25 HERE
- Sign up for the Celtic Sleep Out, Donegal on Saturday, December 3 HERE
- Sign up for the Santa Stroll 1 Mile or 5K on Saturday, December 10 HERE
- Sign up for the Celtic Sleep Out, London on Saturday, December 10 HERE
- Purchase our brand new T-shirt or one of the LOVE UNITES signed warm up jerseys – further details to follow.
- Enter our new Christmas Appeal Prize Draw – further details to follow.
Thank you for your magnificent support.
*Texts will cost the donation amount, plus one standard rate message.