As we approach the 135th anniversary of the formation of our Club, we are set, once again, to honour our charitable heritage by asking supporters to take part in this year’s Founding Fathers’ Fast, on Sunday, November 6.
For a number of years the Celtic support have in their numbers, marked this anniversary by fasting for 24 hours and paying tribute to Celtic Football Club’s reason for being. We’re inviting supporters to not only take part and donate a suggested £5 – representing what would’ve been spent on food for that day – but also to make some noise about it on social media to encourage as many fellow supporters as possible to get involved.
Please give up food for a single day and help someone who really needs our support this Christmas.
How to get involved:
- Fast for the day on Sunday, November 6, in honour of our Club’s Founding Fathers
- Use the Hashtag #FoundingFathersFast
- Change your profile pic for the day to the Founding Fathers’ Fast image (below)
- Donate a suggested £5 to Celtic FC Foundation’s Christmas Appeal – Online HERE or by texting ‘CELTIC £5’ to 70085*
- Tweet us @foundationcfc on November 6 to tell us what you’re giving up and what method you’ve used to donate.
All funds raised from the Founding Fathers’ Fast will support our 2022 Christmas Appeal.
Through our Appeal, we want to give hundreds of families in our communities the Christmas they deserve, making sure there’s food on the table and gifts under the tree.
We also aim to help pensioners, women and children in refuge, the homeless community and refugees – as well as a whole host of others facing poverty and hardship.
The generosity and compassion of the Celtic support is truly unsurpassed and we simply cannot make a difference to the lives of so many without you.
Together, we can Share the Magic this Christmas.
Thank you for your magnificent support.
*Texts will cost the donation amount, plus one standard rate message.