FOLLOWING the huge success of our Celtic Park Sleep-Out event on November 11, Celtic FC Foundation look forward to welcoming a wonderful group of supporters to St Anne’s Primary School in London tomorrow night (FRIDAY) for our first ever Celtic Sleep Out, London fundraising initiative.
St Anne’s Primary School holds huge emotional and historical significance for the Celtic Family. In 1892, five years after his leading role in the formation of Celtic Football Club, the Marist Order moved Brother Walfrid from Glasgow to the Whitechapel area of London’s East End.
Over the next 15 years, as Head Teacher at St Anne’s Primary, Brother Walfrid transformed the school and also established local boys’ clubs and a project to provide meals to the poor in the local community.
In honour of our Founding Father, the Celtic Sleep Out, London participants will spend the night – from 10.00pm to 6.00am – battling the elements outdoors, under the stars, all for a wonderful cause.
The introduction and briefing elements of the event will take place across the road, at St Anne’s Church, where Brother Walfrid lived during his time in London.
We will have a number of CSCs represented on the night – Maidenhead, Underground, Martin O’Neill Reading, Luton, Hayes Bhoys, Wimbledon and St Pat’s Greenford – and also individual supporters who are taking on the challenge so it’s sure to be a wonderful, heart-warming experience.
Forecasters are predicting a very cold night, close to freezing point and we applaud all of those taking part and everyone who has supported them. Each volunteer committed to raising a minimum of £130 and they’ve been working hard to reach and often surpass this target.
All funds raised will be devoted to our 2017 Christmas Appeal, which reflects the very essence of why our Club was set up back in 1887.
We want to help around 300 local families facing poverty, to provide a meal on the table and gifts for the kids. We want to bring the magic of Christmas to those homes. We are also looking to help vulnerable local pensioners to ease the financial burden at a challenging time of year plus a number of other local charities who support those experiencing homelessness or other disadvantage.
Our Celtic Sleep-Out, London participants will help us Share the Spirit of Celtic this Christmas.
And there’s still time get behind their efforts here – https://mydonate.bt.com/events/celticsleepoutlondon/449129
Additional ways to support the 2017 Christmas Appeal include:
- Donate by Text – text ‘CELT07’ followed by ‘£1’, ‘£5’ or ‘£10’ to 70070
- Donate Online – www.celticfcfoundation.com
- Donate via Paypal – www.celticfcfoundation.com
- Donate in Cash – there are collection boxes located in all Celtic Stores
- Donate by Cheque – payable to ‘Celtic FC Foundation’ and sent to Celtic FC Foundation, Celtic Park, Glasgow, G40 3RE.
- Give as you Live via your Christmas Shopping – http://www.celticfc.net/news/13512
- Support our matchday bucket collection on Saturday, December 2 – our volunteers will be in place at all turnstile areas in the lead up to Celtic’s encounter with Motherwell.
- Take part in our new Light up the Clover event on Wednesday, December 13 – further details to follow.
- Download Kevin Miles’ single ‘Celtic, My Heart and My Soul’ – http://www.celticfc.net/news/13494
Thank you for making a difference.