AS we prepare to welcome members of Glasgow’s homeless community to Celtic Park for a hot meal this Tuesday, November 6 – the 131st anniversary of the Club’s founding – we are asking members of the Celtic Family to pay tribute to our charitable heritage by taking part in this year’s Founding Fathers’ Fast on Tuesday, November 6.
The Founding Fathers’ Fast encourages supporters to fast for the day and donate what you would have spent on food – a suggested £5 – to our 2018 Christmas Appeal.
Please give up food for just one day and help someone facing hardship to enjoy a meal this Christmas.
How to get involved:
1. Use the Hashtag #FoundingFathersFast
2. Tweet us @foundationcfc in advance to let us know that you’re getting involved and why
3. Fast for the day on Tuesday, November 6, in honour of our Club’s Founding Fathers
4. Change your profile pic for the day to the Founding Fathers’ Fast image
5. Donate a suggested £5 to Celtic FC Foundation’s Christmas Appeal – Online HERE or by texting ‘CELT07’ followed by ‘£5’ to 70070
6. Tweet us @foundationcfc on November 6 to tell us what you’re giving up and what method you’ve used to donate
All funds raised from The Founding Fathers’ Fast will support our 2018 Christmas Appeal, which reflects the very essence of why our club was set up back in 1887.
The Appeal will help local families and pensioners who face poverty and hardship and a number of charities who care for those experiencing the torment of homelessness or other disadvantage. So please follow in the footsteps of Brother Walfrid and help us make a difference to the most vulnerable in our community this Christmas.
Thank you so much for your wonderful support.