CELTIC FC Foundation are delighted to announce that our Light Up the Clover fundraising initiative will return as part of this year’s Christmas Appeal. It will take place on Thursday, December 13 at Celtic Park in the lead-up to the UEFA Europa League encounter with FC Salzburg.
Supporters will have the opportunity to purchase a small LED candle – priced at £2 each – and place it around the Christmas tree on the Celtic Way’s Clover area, in memory of a loved one.
Last year’s event proved to be a truly beautiful spectacle, as thousands of candles – the first placed in honour of Brother Walfrid – lit up the area.
Once again our volunteers will be located on the Celtic Way and also at other key entry points around the ground from 6pm so please look out for them on your way to Paradise.
To add to the festive spirit, we will be joined at the Clover by a piper from 6.30pm and then St Anne’s Primary School choir from 7pm.
For those who cannot make it to the game or may not get the chance to pick up a candle on the night, these can also be purchased via our charity eBay account HERE and our volunteers will place the candle at the Clover on your behalf.
We are still looking for a limited number of volunteers to assist with this event and all will receive a complimentary ticket for Celtic’s SPFL match with Dundee on December 22. If you would like to volunteer please contact [email protected] or 0141 551 4204.
All funds raised will support our 2018 Christmas Appeal. Through the appeal, we’re aiming to help local families and pensioners who face poverty and hardship and a number of charities who care for those experiencing the torment of homelessness or other disadvantage.
So please help us Make Dreams Come True this Christmas.
Additional ways to get behind the Christmas Appeal include:
1. Donate by Text – text ‘CELT07’ followed by ‘£1’, ‘£5’ or ‘£10’ to 70070
2. Donate Online HERE
3. Donate via Paypal HERE
4. Donate in Cash – there are collection boxes located in all Celtic Stores
5. Donate by Cheque – payable to ‘Celtic FC Foundation’ and sent to Celtic FC Foundation, Celtic Park, Glasgow, G40 3RE.
6. Give As You Live via your Christmas Shopping HERE
7. Come along to Ghirls for Good on Saturday, December 1 HERE
8. Support our matchday bucket collection on Saturday, December 8 HERE
9. Download Toy Tin Soldier’s charity single ‘A Club Where All Belong’ HERE
10. Make a donation to receive your ‘Celtic FC Foundation Letter from Santa’ HERE
11. Contribute via our Christmas Appeal eBay Auction, of which all proceeds will be donated to the Appeal – this will be live from December 6-11 so please look out for details coming soon!
Thank you for making a difference.