CELTIC FC Foundation’s 2016 Christmas Appeal was in full swing at Celtic Park today as we hosted a party for 203 Primary 5 children from four schools in the East End of Glasgow –Sacred Heart, Thorntree, Wellshot and St Paul’s Shettleston.
All of the kids were treated to a special lunch, a game of pass the parcel, a dance session, tattoo artist and a disco.
There were also a couple of special visitors in the shape of Hoopy the Huddle Hound and Santa Claus, who delivered a selection box to each child.
Celtic FC Foundation’s Christmas Appeal aims to follow in the footsteps of Brother Walfrid and help those on our doorstep who need it most.
We want to help around 300 local families facing poverty, to provide a meal on the table and gifts for the kids. We want to bring the magic of Christmas to those homes. We are also looking to help vulnerable local pensioners to ease the financial burden at a challenging time of year and host of other charities who support those who are homeless or facing other disadvantage.
Celtic FC Foundation Chief Executive, Tony Hamilton, said: “It was another fantastic day in the Kerrydale Suite as the excitement was both palpable and audible!
“Our young guests had a wonderful time and they all did their families and their schools proud.
“The East End of Glasgow sits at the very heart of our Christmas Appeal and it was an honour to welcome the children to Celtic Park.
“The party was delivered due to the phenomenal generosity of our supporters and they deserve every credit for making 203 youngsters very happy today.”
The support received so far for the appeal has been overwhelming but there’s still time to get involved. You can get behind it in the following ways:
- Donate by Text – text ‘CELT07’ followed by ‘£1’, ‘£5’ or ‘£10’ to 70070
- Donate Online – www.celticfcfoundation.com
- Donate via Paypal – www.celticfcfoundation.com
- Donate in Cash – there are collection boxes located in all Celtic Stores
- Donate by Cheque – payable to ‘Celtic FC Foundation’ and sent to Celtic FC Foundation, Celtic Park, Glasgow, G40 3RE.
- Support our matchday bucket collection on Saturday, December 17 – there will be volunteers collectors at all turnstile areas in the lead up to Celtic’s match again Dundee.
- Give as you Live via your Christmas Shopping – www.celticfcfoundation.com
Please help us to raise more than the roof this Christmas.
Thank you for your wonderful and continued support.