AS part of our Christmas appeal, Celtic FC Foundation will be showcasing a series of spotlight pieces looking more closely at our beneficiary charities. First in this series, are Scottish Refugee Council.
Scottish Refugee Council are an independent charity who aim to protect and advocate the rights of refugees and asylum seekers in Scotland. This vital work includes providing essential information and assistance for refugees as well as raising awareness and campaigning for political change.
Celtic FC Foundation�€™s pledge to Scottish Refugee Council epitomises the club�€™s founding principles of benevolence, inclusion and community. The money donated will contribute towards basic amenities such as food and clothing for refugee families allowing them to enjoy a peaceful and pleasant Christmas.
Scottish Refugee Council�€™s Flutura Shala said: �€œScottish Refugee Council is an independent Scottish human rights charity dedicated to supporting people who have fled horrific situations around the world.
�€œThis winter, asylum seeking families will spend their first Christmas in Scotland. Forbidden from working, families struggle to meet their essential needs. Your support will help refugee families facing hardship buy basic food and warm clothing, so they face Christmas with dignity.�€ ;
With your support, our Christmas Appeal will enable organisations like Scottish Refugee Council to provide a helping hand for those who need it most.
Please help us brighten up lives and reach our goal this Christmas.
You can donate to Celtic FC Foundation�€™s Christmas Appeal: ;HERE
There are a number of ways to get behind the Christmas Appeal 2014:
1. ; ; ; ; ; Donate by Text �€“ text �€˜CELT07�€™ followed by �€˜£1�€™, �€˜£5�€™ or �€˜£10�€™ to 70070
2. ; ; ; ; ; Donate Online �€“ ;www.celticfc.net/charity/donate ; ; ;
3. ; ; ; ; ; Donate in Cash �€“ there are collection boxes located in all Celtic Stores
4. ; ; ; ; ; Donate by Cheque �€“ payable to �€˜Celtic FC Foundation�€™ and sent to Celtic FC Foundation, Celtic Park, Glasgow, G40 3RE.
5. ; ; ; ; ; ; Attend the Ghirls for Good ladies lunch on Saturday, December 13 –http://www.celticfc.net/news/6998
6. ; ; ; ; ; Give as You Live via your Christmas shopping – ;http://www.celticfc.net/news/7018 ;