Get your Celtic tartan on for Celtic FC Foundation this April

CELTIC FC Foundation have teamed up with children’s charity The Kiltwalk for a 26-mile trek around Glasgow to raise money for children and young people.

The Kiltwalk, a charity which organises sponsored, kilted walks to raise funds for children’s charities across Scotland, are giving supporters the opportunity to don their Celtic tartan and raise money for Celtic FC Foundation’s projects with children and young people.

This event will take place on Sunday, April 12 with walkers departing from Hampden Park before embarking on an inspiring 26-mile tour of Glasgow and finishing in the idyllic surroundings of Balloch Castle Country Park.

If a 26-mile walk seems too daunting, participants can also opt for a 13-mile half walk or a 10K “Wee Walk” which is ideal for the whole family.

Celtic FC Foundation will receive a Kiltwalk Grant for 75% of the monies you raise (subject to there being a minimum of 20 team members) with the other 25% going to The Kiltwalk’s main beneficiary charities.*

To register for this event with Celtic FC Foundation, please click HERE

  • Step one:  select “click here to register”, followed by your event type (full walk, half walk or wee walk) and complete your personal details
  • Step two: select Team Celtic (Celtic FC Foundation) from team name drop down list 

On the support from Celtic FC Foundation, CEO of The Kiltwalk, Carey McEvoy said: “It is great to see everyone involved with Celtic FC Foundation coming together to support The Kiltwalk and helping to raise vital funds for children’s charities across Scotland.

“We hope to award grants of up to £2.5million this year to help Scotland’s children and the contribution of Celtic FC Foundation by raising awareness and generating a team of walkers will go a long way towards making that happen.

“I welcome you all to The Kiltwalk family.”

Celtic FC Foundation CEO, Tony Hamilton added: “The Kiltwalk represents a fantastic opportunity to support Celtic FC Foundation’s work with children and young people and I wish all our participants the very best of luck with this challenge.

“This is just one of a number of initiatives we have for 2015. Our aim is to do more this year than we have ever done in the past and we are looking forward to this and what I hope will be the start of a long relationship with The Kiltwalk.”

If you require any assistance with your registration for this event, please contact Thomas Buchanan on 0141 551 4291 or email [email protected]

Minimum sponsorship targets:

• 26 and 13 miles walkers – £200

• Wee Walk – Adult £100, Under-16s £50

• Wee Walk – Families £200 combined

Registration Fees:

• 26 and 13 miles walkers – £25

• Wee Walk – Adult £10, Under 16s £5

*The Kiltwalk’s beneficiary charities: Cash for Kids, CHAS, Children’s Hospice Association Scotland, Yorkhill Children’s Charity, A & M Scotland, Calum’s Cabin, SiMBA, Daily Record & Sunday Mail’s Centenary Fund