THE Celtic Family has already given generous support to Celtic FC Foundation’s 2014 Christmas Appeal, and that’s sure to continue this Sunday with a bucket collection at Celtic Park ahead of the game against St Mirren.
Watch Celtic FC Foundation Christmas Appeal video ;HERE
Our target is to provide a proper Christmas meal for around 200 local families, who otherwise would go without, as well as giving gifts for the younger family members. ; If we don�€™t help them, there might not be a Christmas in those households.
We are also aiming to support local charities who care for those experiencing the torment of homelessness or other disadvantage. ;
The generosity and compassion of the Celtic Family is unique and unsurpassed, and we are requesting your support once again for an Appeal which epitomises the very essence of our Club and truly honours the founding principles of Brother Walfrid.
Please help us brighten up lives and reach our goal this Christmas.
Those individuals and charities we are looking to support through the 2014 Christmas Appeal are:
– Around 200 local families (a Christmas meal and gifts for the children)
– Glasgow East Women�€™s Aid (Gifts, toys and family outings gifts for those in the refuge)
– Spirit Aid (Christmas hampers for those in need in the West of Scotland)
– Glasgow Simon Community (we hosted a Christmas lunch here at Celtic Park on Sunday, December 7)
– Loaves and Fishes (a hot meal in the cold weather for the homeless and those living in poverty)
– The Wayside Club Centre (a refuge and meal on Christmas day for the homeless)
– Glasgow City Mission (support for their Older Men�€™s Club which provides food and companionship)
– Scottish Refugee Council (support for refugees facing their first Christmas in Scotland)
– The Invisibles (warm goods and clothing for the City�€™s homeless)
– Yorkhill Children�€™s Charity (gifts and activities for children facing a hospital stay over Christmas)
As part of the Appeal, Celtic FC Foundation will be hosting our first ever Ladies Lunch �€“ Ghirls for Good �€“ this Saturday, December 13 in the Kerrydale Suite at Celtic Park. The event is being sponsored by the Ellen Kane Trust. Tickets are priced at £45pp and you can find more details ;HERE
We will also be providing a party for some local primary school children on Thursday, December 18 in the Kerrydale Suite.
To get behind the Christmas Appeal 2014, donations can be made in the following ways:
1. Text �€“ text �€˜CELT07�€™ followed by �€˜£1�€™, �€˜£5�€™ or �€˜£10�€™ to 70070
2. Online �€“ ;www.celticfc.net/charity/donate ; ; ;
3. Cash �€“ there are collection boxes located in all Celtic Stores
4. Cheque �€“ payable to �€˜Celtic FC Foundation�€™ and sent to Celtic FC Foundation, Celtic Park, Glasgow, G40 3RE.
5. GAYL �€“ support through online shopping – ;http://www.celticfc.net/news/7018
Any donation you make this Christmas will help those who need it most.
Thank you for making a difference.