CELTIC FC Foundation has been overwhelmed, but not surprised, by the phenomenal support for its Christmas Appeal from the Celtic family.
The initiative was launched on October 31, 2013 and, just a month later, an incredible total of over £40,000 has already been raised.
This sense of unity and compassion perfectly reflects the wonderful generosity of the Celtic family and, once again, we should be rightly proud of our efforts.
Christmas is one of the most challenging times of the year for individuals and families who face poverty and homelessness, and the money raised will help those most in need.�
Funds raised will go towards providing a proper Christmas meal for around 150 local families who would otherwise go without. We will also provide funds to purchase gifts for younger family members.
Through this year´s Appeal, we are also aiming to support local charitable organisations, including many homeless charities, who provide valuable services for the most vulnerable people in society.
Celtic directors, players, management and supporters have all contributed to this year´s Appeal and every penny raised will be spent to support those in need.�
Just last week, in the lead-up to the UEFA Champions League encounter with AC Milan, almost £2,000 was donated through a collection in corporate and premium lounges.
Celtic Retail are also lending their support through the placement of Celtic Christmas Appeal collection boxes in all stores, together with the sale of charity Christmas cards, with every pack sold earning a £1 donation for the Appeal.
Those individuals and charities we are looking to support through the Celtic Christmas Appeal 2013 include:
– Around 150 local families (to provide a proper Christmas meal for those who would otherwise go without, as well as gifts for the younger family members).
– Glasgow East Women´s Aid (Christmas meal and gifts for families in the refuge).
– Spirit Aid (Christmas hampers for those in need in the West of Scotland).
– Glasgow Simon Community (a Christmas Meal for the city´s homeless).
– Loaves and Fishes (Christmas hampers for the homeless and those living in poverty).
– The Wayside Club Centre (a refuge and meal on Christmas Day for the homeless).
– Glasgow City Mission (provision of food and support for the homeless).
– Lodging House Mission (provision of food and support for the homeless).
There´s still time to get behind the Appeal and donations can be made in the following ways:��
1. Text� text ´CELT07´ followed by ´£1´, ´£5´ or ´£10´ to 70070
2. Online HERE
3. Cash; there are collection boxes located in all Celtic Stores
4. Cheque payable to ´Celtic FC Foundation´ and sent to Celtic FC Foundation, Celtic Park, Glasgow, G40 3RE.
Any donation you can make this Christmas will help make a real difference to those who need it most. Thank you for your wonderful and continued support.