INTERNATIONAL superstar Ed Sheeran performed in front of two full houses at the SSE Hydro in Glasgow last Thursday and Friday, and will return to the venue again for Sunday�€™s European Music Awards, where he has been nominated for Best Male Artist.
The popular singer-songwriter is in the midst of a sell-out European tour, but took some time out last week to sign a Celtic home shirt, which he has kindly donated to Celtic FC Foundation�€™s 2014 Christmas Appeal.
The shirt will be auctioned off online on Celtic FC Foundation�€™s official eBay charity page from 7pm on Tuesday, November 4, with all proceeds then going towards this year�€™s Christmas Appeal �€“ an annual campaign which makes an incredible difference to so many lives within our community, during what can be a particularly challenging time of year.
More information on this year�€™s appeal can be found below.
Click ;HERE ; ;for more details, and to place your bid for the Ed Sheeran signed shirt.
Celtic FC Foundation Christmas Appeal �€“ honouring our founding principles, and helping those in our community who are most in need.
Our targets this year are as follows:
1. To provide a proper Christmas meal for around 200 local families and gifts for the younger family members, who would otherwise go without. ;
2. ; To support the following local charities
- Glasgow East Women�€™s Aid (Gifts, toys and family outings gifts for those in the refuge)
- Spirit Aid (Christmas hampers for those in need in the West of Scotland)
- Glasgow Simon Community (We will host a Christmas lunch here at Celtic Park on Sunday, December 7)
- Loaves and Fishes (A hot meal in the cold weather for the homeless and for those living in poverty)
- The Wayside Club Centre (Refuge and a meal on Christmas Day for the homeless)
- Glasgow City Mission (Support for their Older Men�€™s Club which provides food and companionship)
- Scottish Refugee Council (Support for refugees facing their first Christmas in Scotland)
- The Invisibles (Warm goods and clothing for the City�€™s homeless)
- Yorkhill Children�€™s Charity (Gifts and activities for children facing a hospital stay over Christmas)
Below is a quote which was received after the 2013 Christmas Appeal:
�€œI just wanted to email and say a huge thank you for supporting the families with the Celtic FC Foundation Appeal! A granny came in today as she guessed it may have come through the school�€�..we were both in tears as this donation really does make a HUGE difference to the Christmas the kids will have. God Bless you All�€.
We cannot make this Christmas Appeal a success without your support. If you are not looking to bid on Ed�€™s shirt, you can still make a donation to this year�€™s campaign – no matter how big or small – through the following channels:
TEXT �€“ ;Text CELT07 followed by your nominated amount – £1, £5 or £10 to 70070
ONLINE ;�€“ Click ;HERE ;to make a donation
BY POST �€“ ;Cheques made payable to Celtic FC Foundation and posted to Celtic FC Foundation, Celtic Park, Glasgow, G40 3RE – please do not send cash in the post.
GHIRLS FOR GOOD LUNCH ;- ;http://www.celticfc.net/news/6998
Please help us brighten up lives and reach our goal this Christmas!