CELTIC FC Foundation recently announced an overseas volunteer trip for June 2017, which is being operated by Travel Management Group plc (TMG) ATOL 3316.
The group will be spending 10 days providing practical support on the ground, through Celtic FC Foundation, to Mary’s Meals. The placements will involve the renovation/improvement of schools identified by Mary’s Meals and assistance with their feeding programme. Mary’s Meals provides life-changing meals to some of the world’s poorest children every school day.
Each volunteer will be tasked with raising £1,498 to cover the cost of the trip – payable to TMG – and also a minimum of £1,000 as a charitable contribution to Celtic FC Foundation. This will support the development work the volunteers will undertake in Blantyre and also the Foundation’s projects supporting vulnerable children and adults at home.
The initiative includes:
- Return flights between Heathrow and Blantyre Malawi with Ethiopian Airlines – departing Sunday, June 4 (arriving the following day) and departing Thursday, June 15 (arriving the following day).
- Return coach travel between Celtic Park and Heathrow
- Basic accommodation at Kabula Lodge on a shared basis (including all meals)
- Volunteer work placement provided by Celtic FC Foundation via Mary’s Meals
- Travel to and from your volunteer placement on a daily basis
- Safari day trip
- Total deposit to be paid to TMG by September 30, 2016 – £289.60
- Balance of £1,208.40 to be paid to TMG 12 weeks prior to departure
- Minimum charitable element to be paid to Celtic FC Foundation by May 19, 2017 – £1,000.00
To get a feel for what’s involved, check out Celtic FC Foundation’s last trip to Malawi HERE
A number of volunteer places have already been filled and the remainder will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
If you are interested in taking part in this life-changing trip, please call 0141 551 4262 or email: [email protected]