CELTIC FC Foundation is delighted to confirm that the first beneficiary of the 2013 Christmas Appeal is Glasgow Simon Community (GSC). GSC has been working with and for people experiencing homelessness in Glasgow for over 40 years.�
An estimated 3,000 women and men use the services offered by the GSC each year, and their work encompasses issues around addiction, mental health, social inclusion, employability, literacy and numeracy, and volunteering, amongst others.
For the past 12 or so years, Celtic FC Foundation has supported and funded Christmas activities including a party, Christmas dinner and gifts across all supported accommodation projects.
Due to the generosity of the Celtic family once again through the 2013 Christmas Appeal, a donation of £3,000 has now been made to GSC to support their festive activities this year.
Lorraine McGrath of the GSC said: “Homelessness is a very isolating and damaging experience which can strip away a person´s self worth and this can be felt even more acutely during the holiday period.�
‘Being able to attend and share in Christmas festivities reduces some of that impact and we are very grateful that Celtic FC Foundation have enabled us to offer that opportunity every year.”
Through the 2013 Christmas Appeal, we are also looking to support:
– Around 150 local families (to provide a proper Christmas meal for those who would otherwise go without, as well as gifts for the younger family members).�
– Glasgow East Women´s Aid (Christmas meal and gifts for families in the refuge).�
– Spirit Aid (Christmas hampers for those in need in the West of Scotland).
– Loaves and Fishes (Christmas hampers for the homeless and those living in poverty).
– The Wayside Club Centre (a refuge and meal on Christmas Day for the homeless).
– Glasgow City Mission (provision of food and support for the homeless).
– Lodging House Mission (provision of food and support for the homeless).
Over £40,000 has already been raised but there´s still time to get behind the Appeal and donations can be made in the following ways:
1. Text – text ´CELT07´ followed by ´£1´, ´£5´ or ´£10´ to 70070
2. Online – HERE
3. Cash – there are collection boxes located in all Celtic Stores
4. Cheque – payable to ´Celtic FC Foundation´ and sent to Celtic FC Foundation, Celtic Park, Glasgow, G40 3RE.
Any donation you can make this Christmas will help make a real difference to those who need it most. Thank you for your wonderful and continued support.