AS we look ahead to tonight’s Celtic Sleep Out (Glasgow) event, we continue to highlight the charities benefiting as a result of your donations to this year’s Celtic FC Foundation Christmas Appeal.
Next up in our series is The Invisibles, a Glasgow-based homelessness organisation working tirelessly to help those in desperate need of help.
There is a large and often ignored homeless community in Glasgow. The Invisibles aim to equip those facing homelessness with a variety of essential items to keep them as warm and comfortable as possible while they remain on the streets.
Such items include clothing, footwear, sleeping bags and toiletries, which are gathered through donations from the public and are then sorted and delivered to those in need. The Invisibles rely solely on volunteers to help assist with the distribution of these items.
Founder of The Invisibles, Dermot Hill, will tonight attend his fourth Celtic Sleep Out and participants will once again be encouraged to donate their sleeping bags and mats, after the event, to support the work of the charity.
Dermot expressed his gratitude for the donations received from Celtic FC Foundation and underlined the difference this support has made.
He said: “The Invisibles are a wholly voluntary group supporting those who are living on our streets. Our aim is to keep people warm during the harsh winter, as well as raising awareness.
“In the past, we have received great support from Celtic FC Foundation. In 2016, their donation helped us towards getting a van which is used to assist with distributions. This has been hugely beneficial to the way we’re now able to work.
“Other donations have helped to keep our stock going when it has been really low. Any donation received through this year’s Christmas Appeal will allow us to continue to support so many people on the streets over the festive period, by providing warm clothes, sleeping bags, ground mats and toiletries.
“We would like to say a huge thank you to all of the supporters who have donated – their continued generosity helps to make such a difference.”
The Invisibles joins Glasgow East Women’s Aid as the 2018 Christmas Appeal beneficiaries to have been announced thus far.
Through our 2018 Christmas Appeal, we’re aiming to help local families and pensioners who face poverty and hardship and a number of charities who care for those experiencing the torment of homelessness or other disadvantage.
So please help us Make Dreams Come True this Christmas.
To get behind the Christmas Appeal 2018, you can:
1. Donate by Text – text ‘CELT07’ followed by ‘£1’, ‘£5’ or ‘£10’ to 70070
2. Donate Online HERE
3. Donate via Paypal HERE
4. Donate in Cash – there are collection boxes located in all Celtic Stores
5. Donate by Cheque – payable to ‘Celtic FC Foundation’ and sent to Celtic FC Foundation, Celtic Park, Glasgow, G40 3RE.
6. Give As You Live via your Christmas Shopping HERE
7. Sign up for the Celtic Sleep Out (London) on Friday, November 23 HERE
8. Come along to Ghirls for Good on Saturday, December 1 HERE
9. Support our matchday bucket collection on Saturday, December 8 HERE
10. Take part in our Light up the Clover event on Thursday, December 13 – further details to follow.
11. Contribute via our Christmas Appeal eBay Auction, of which all proceeds will be donated to the Appeal – further details to follow.
12. Make a donation to receive your ‘Celtic FC Foundation Letter from Santa’– further details to follow.
Thank you for making a difference.