CELTIC FC Foundation is delighted to confirm that the second beneficiary of the 2013 Christmas Appeal is Glasgow East Women’s Aid (GEWA).
GEWA aim to eradicate all forms of abuse towards women, children and young people and the structures that perpetuate them.
They provide initial intervention and information on services, legal rights, housing issues, benefit advice and on issues of concern for women, children and young people.
They also provide one-to-one counselling, support and refuge if needed and also run support groups for women who are currently being or have been abused by their partner or ex-partner.
GEWA pride themselves on endeavouring to make Christmas as special as possible for the women, children and young people who use their service.�
Christmas is an incredibly difficult time for families in crisis so any additional income gives them the opportunity to go the extra mile and ease distress.
Christmas is a magical time for children but, for those who have been forced to leave their home, their Daddy, their toys just to be safe, the magic may not make up for all of these losses. GEWA tries to ensure that every family receives toys, a Christmas tree and that special Christmas dinner.�
Celtic FC Foundation supported GEWA last Christmas and, due to the generosity of the Celtic family through this year’s Christmas Appeal, we are delighted to confirm a 2013 donation of £3,000.
Anne Kelly of GEWA said: “We would like to thank Celtic FC Foundation and all of your supporters for this incredible donation. It will help us make Christmas as happy as it can be for our families and not a time of worry and dread.
“We have always been very grateful for your support in the past and this most recent gift will add light to the Christmas tree of those who have been in darkness due to domestic abuse.”
To see more on Celtic TV Freeview, click HERE
Through the Appeal, we are also looking to support:-
– Around 150 local families (to provide a proper Christmas meal for those who would otherwise go without, as well as gifts for the younger family members).
– Spirit Aid (Christmas hampers for those in need in the West of Scotland).
– Loaves and Fishes (Christmas hampers for the homeless and those living in poverty).
– The Wayside Club Centre (a refuge and meal on Christmas Day for the homeless).
– Glasgow City Mission (provision of food and support for the homeless).
– Lodging House Mission (provision of food and support for the homeless).
Over £45,000 has already been raised but there is still time to get behind the Appeal and donations can be made in the following ways:
1. Text – text ´CELT07´ followed by ´£1´, ´£5´ or ´£10´ to 70070
2. Online – HERE
3. Cash – there are collection boxes located in all Celtic Stores
4. Cheque – payable to ´Celtic FC Foundation´ and sent to Celtic FC Foundation, Celtic Park, Glasgow, G40 3RE.
Any donation you can make this Christmas will help make a real difference to those who need it most. Thank you for your wonderful and continued support.