CELTIC FC Foundation, the charitable arm of the football club, is delighted to launch its 2017 Christmas Appeal to honour our founding principles and help those in our community who are most in need.
Once again, the club has kicked off the Appeal with a fantastic £10,000 donation as we aim to help a range of excellent causes.
Through the campaign more than 300 local families facing poverty this Christmas will be supported, as we aim to provide a meal on the table and gifts for the kids. We want to bring the magic of Christmas to those homes, something they would not otherwise experience.
We are also looking to help vulnerable local pensioners to ease the financial burden at a challenging time of year plus a host of other local charities who support those experiencing homelessness or other disadvantage.
The generosity and compassion of the club’s support is unsurpassed, and Celtic FC Foundation is requesting the support of Celtic fans once again for an Appeal which proudly follows in the footsteps of Brother Walfrid, providing comfort to those on our doorstep.
This year’s Appeal sees the introduction of three brand new elements – the 130-mile Hail Hail Trail, which draws to a close on Monday, November 6, a Celtic Sleep Out event in London on Friday, November 24 to complement our Glasgow offering, and Light Up the Clover on Wednesday, December 13 which will give supporters the opportunity to place an LED candle on the Celtic Way’s Four Leaf Clover area, in memory of a loved one.
As well as encouraging donations, Celtic FC Foundation will also be repeating another four fundraising events as part of the Appeal – the Founding Fathers’ Fast on Monday, November 6, the Celtic Sleep Out, Glasgow on Saturday, November 11, our Ghirls for Good ladies party on Saturday, December 2 and a matchday bucket collection at the Motherwell match on the same day.
Peter Lawwell, Celtic’s Chief Executive, said: “Celtic FC Foundation’s Annual Christmas Appeal is something we are exceptionally proud of as it honours the founding principles of the football club.
“We are delighted to continue our support in this, our 130th anniversary year, with a club donation of £10,000 to kick start the Appeal.
“The support provided to families, pensioners and charity partners through the initiative is vital at a particularly challenging time of year and will make a positive difference to so many lives this Christmas.
“I am sure our supporters will get behind this wonderful work as always.”
Celtic FC Foundation Chief Executive, Tony Hamilton, added: “This is the club’s 130th year and the reason that Celtic came into being was to address poverty issues at that time.
“That’s as true today for many people as it was in 1887. Our communities have broadened beyond the East End of Glasgow and last year, because of worldwide support, we were able to work with families and charities in other parts of the UK and Ireland.
“Hopefully we can do that again in the name of our supporters in 2017. I want to thank everyone in advance who could help at this time of year. It will make such a massive difference to people who need it the most.”
To get behind the Christmas Appeal 2017, you can:
- Donate by Text – text ‘CELT07’ followed by ‘£1’, ‘£5’ or ‘£10’ to 70070
- Donate Online – www.celticfcfoundation.com
- Donate via Paypal – www.celticfcfoundation.com
- Donate in Cash – there are collection boxes located in all Celtic Stores
- Donate by Cheque – payable to ‘Celtic FC Foundation’ and sent to Celtic FC Foundation, Celtic Park, Glasgow, G40 3RE.
- Give as you Live via your Christmas Shopping – www.celticfcfoundation.com
- Take part in the Founding Fathers’ Fast on Sunday, November 6 and donate £5 through one of the outlets above.
- Sign up for the Celtic Sleep Out, Glasgow on Saturday, November 11 – call 0141 551 4204 or email [email protected]
- Sign up for the Celtic Sleep Out, London on Friday, November 24 – call 0141 551 4204 or email [email protected]
- Come along to the Ghirls for Good ladies event on Saturday, December 2 – call 0141 551 4204 or email [email protected]
- Support our matchday bucket collection on Saturday, December 2 – to register as a volunteer collector, call 0141 551 4204 or email [email protected]
- Take part in our new Light up the Clover event on Wednesday, December 13 – further details to follow.
Download Kevin Miles’ single ‘Celtic, My Heart and My Soul’ – call 0141 551 4204 or email [email protected] for download details.