With our Christmas Appeal now well underway, there are plenty of ways for supporters to get behind the Appeal, including our first ever Santa Stroll event here at Celtic Park. It will take place on the morning of Saturday, December 10, 2022.
Participants will run/walk around the stadium footprint in a route which will encapsulate the circumference of Celtic Park. And to get everyone into the festive spirit, each participant will be provided with a Celtic Santa hat and Santa Stroll t-shirt.
And upon completion of the Stroll, participants will be welcomed into the stadium’s south east corner by Santa himself, as well as Hoopy the Huddle Hound.
There will be two opportunities to participate and support our 2022 Christmas Appeal, as follows:
THE SANTA STROLL JUNIORS – 1 MILE
Time – 9.00am
Details – Participants, under the age of 12, will walk/run two laps of the Celtic Park circumference, totalling 1 mile.
Registration – The cost for children to enter is £10 and the minimum fundraising target is £30. Or, a child can take part along with a parent/guardian, and the cost for the duo to enter is £20, with a minimum fundraising target of £50. You can sign up HERE. Please ensure you read the Terms and Conditions before completing the process.
THE SANTA STROLL YOUTHS/ADULTS – 5K
Time – 9.00am (Please note this has been brought forward from the original 11.00am start)
Details – Participants, aged 12 and over, will walk/run six laps of the Celtic Park circumference, totalling 5 kilometres.
Registration – The cost to enter is £20 per person and the minimum fundraising target is £135 per person. You can sign up HERE. Please ensure you read the Terms and Conditions before completing the process.
Beginning at the top of the Celtic Way in front of the Brother Walfrid statue, 1 mile Strollers will head past the Lisbon Lions Stand, then make their way through the North Stand underpass and then past the Jock Stein Stand on their way back to the front of the stadium. Meanwhile, 5K Strollers will run/walk in the opposite direction.
For both Strolls, please note that participants under the age of 18 must have written consent from their parent/guardian in advance of the event and must be accompanied to and from Celtic Park by a parent/guardian on the day.
All funds raised from this brand new event will support our 2022 Christmas Appeal. Through our Appeal, we want to give hundreds of families in our communities the Christmas they deserve, making sure there’s food on the table and gifts under the tree.
We also aim to help pensioners, women and children in refuge, the homeless community and refugees – as well as a whole host of others facing poverty and hardship.
The generosity and compassion of the Celtic support is truly unsurpassed and we simply cannot make a difference to the lives of so many without you.
Together, we can Share the Magic this Christmas.
To get behind this year’s Christmas Appeal, you can also:
- Donate online HERE
- Donate via PayPal HERE
- Donate via Facebook HERE
- Donate by text – text ‘CELTIC’ followed by ‘£1’, ‘£5’ or ‘£10’ to 70085*
- Donate in Cash – there are collection boxes located in all Celtic Stores
- Donate by Cheque – payable to ‘Celtic FC Foundation’ and sent to Celtic FC Foundation, Celtic Park, Glasgow G40 3RE
- Provide support through your Christmas shopping in Celtic stores or online by purchasing an item from ‘Walfrid’s Wishlist’ HERE
- Provide support through your Christmas shopping via Give as you Live and AmazonSmile HERE
- Come along to the Ghirls for Good on Friday, November 25 HERE
- Sign up for the Celtic Sleep Out, Donegal on Saturday, December 3 HERE
- Sign up for the Celtic Sleep Out, London on Saturday, December 10 HERE
- Purchase our brand new T-shirt– further details to follow.
- Enter our new Christmas Appeal Prize Draw – further details to follow.
Thank you for your magnificent support.
*Texts will cost the donation amount, plus one standard rate message