Ordinarily, as part of our Christmas Appeal, supporters would be gearing up to spend the night under the stars at either Celtic Park or St. Anne’s Primary School in Whitechapel, for our Glasgow and London Sleep Out events.
Unfortunately, like so many other events, these will not be possible this year due to restrictions currently in place.
However, as the crippling effects of the pandemic have added unbearably to the pressures on so many, the assistance provided by Celtic FC Foundation to those who are most vulnerable is now more crucial than ever before.
And that’s why we’re humbly asking supporters to stay up rather than sleep out, by taking part in a brand new initiative, ‘Stay Up for the Champions’.
Participants will take on the challenge of staying up from 11.45pm on Friday, December 4 until 5.45am on Saturday, December 5 and there will be a host of entertainment in store to keep fans engaged throughout the night.
The six hour broadcast will feature plenty of classic Celtic goals from over the years , highlights from the ‘Our Nine, Our Time’ DVD, special messages from the first team, Christmas Appeal beneficiary video pieces, a virtual twilight tour of Celtic Park, input from our Foundation Supporters’ Committee and a quiz, among other interactive elements.
Supporters can take part and enjoy the event from the comfort of their own homes, no matter where they are in the world (government guidance on social distancing and meeting with other households must be followed).
Registration is now open HERE. The non-refundable registration fee is £19 per person and all we ask is that participants commit to raising a minimum of £67 (after entry fee). Please ensure you read the Terms and Conditions before completing the process.
Participants who are under the age of 16 years old on Friday, December 4, 2020, must have consent/approval from their parent or legal guardian.
Upon registration, you will receive your sponsorship pack including a sponsor form and details on how to set up your online fundraising page. Participants will also receive a certificate upon completion.
Proceeds raised will be devoted to the Christmas Appeal phase of our Football for Good Fund, with a particular focus on our charity partners working with those facing homelessness or living in refuge.
Through the Appeal, we want to help hundreds of local families facing poverty, giving them the kind of Christmas most of us take for granted. With lots of food on the table and gifts for the kids. Making sure Santa pays a visit on Christmas Eve, despite COVID-19.
We also want to support pensioners on our doorstep, by lending a hand at a difficult time of year. Local charities need our help too. We can make a massive difference to the lives of children, the homeless, refugees and those living in refuge or facing other challenges.
The generosity and compassion of the Celtic Family is truly unrivalled and once again, we are looking for your support, to get behind this Christmas Appeal phase of the Football for Good Fund.
We are a Club like no other, and together, we can continue to bring comfort to those who need it most.
To get behind the Christmas Appeal phase of the FFGF, you can:
- Donate by text – text ‘CELTIC’ followed by ‘£1’, ‘£5’ or ‘£10’ to 70085*
- Donate online HERE
- Donate via PayPal HERE
- Donate via Facebook HERE
- Donate in Cash – there are collection boxes located in all Celtic Stores
- Donate by Cheque – payable to ‘Celtic FC Foundation’ and sent to Celtic FC Foundation, Celtic Park, Glasgow G40 3RE.
- Contribute to our Virtual Toy Drive HERE
- Provide support through your Christmas shopping via Give as you Live and AmazonSmile HERE
- Contribute via our Christmas Appeal eBay auction, featuring shirts from the AC Milan v Celtic match on Thursday, December 3 (with Celtic FC Foundation branding) and Celtic v St Johnstone on Sunday, December 6 (with Christmas Appeal branding). The auction will run from Monday, December 7 – Saturday, December 12.
- Make a donation to receive your ‘Celtic FC Foundation Letter from Santa’– further details to follow.
- Purchase your copy of the stunning Gerard Burns Glittering Prize, the perfect Christmas Gift HERE
- Contribute via our Virtual Bucket Collection on Sunday, December 6.
- Look out for news coming soon on our Ghirls for Good alternative.
Thank you for your magnificent support.
*Texts will cost the donation amount, plus one standard rate message.