CELTIC FC Foundation are delighted to announce that our Light Up the Clover fundraising event and annual Bucket Collection will both be returning as part of this year’s Christmas Appeal.
Light Up the Clover is back for a third consecutive year and will take place on Thursday, November 28, before Celtic’s UEFA Europa League clash with Stade Rennais (8pm KO).
The event will once again see the Kerrydale Clover, adjacent to The Celtic Way, illuminated by LED candles placed in memory of loved ones, with the first being placed in honour of our Founding Father, Brother Walfrid.
For a minimum donation of £2, candles will be available to purchase between 6pm-8pm on the night from our volunteers, who’ll be located at the Clover, on The Celtic Way and at other key entry points around the stadium, so please look out for them on your way to the match.
For those who cannot make it to the game, candles can be bought HERE via our eBay site, up until 5pm on Thursday, November 28 and these will be placed on the Clover by our volunteers on your behalf.
Our annual Christmas Appeal Bucket Collection also returns and will take place at Celtic Park on Sunday, December 15, ahead of Celtic’s SPFL tie with Hibernian (3pm KO).
The Foundation’s only annual collection, which will once again be planned in collaboration with our Supporters’ Committee, will see 120 volunteer collectors situated around the Stadium from 1pm until kick-off, giving supporters plenty time to donate.
If you would like to sign up to be one of our official volunteers at either event please email [email protected] or call 0141 551 4321.
Proceeds raised at both events will support our 2019 Christmas Appeal which aims to honour the founding principles set out when the club was formed back in 1887, by continuing to help those in our community who are most in need.
We want to help hundreds of local families facing poverty by giving them the kind of Christmas we all take for granted.
We also want to support pensioners on our doorstep and help local charities. We can make a massive difference to the lives of children, the homeless, refugees and those living in refuge or facing other challenges.
Christmas is a time to give and share. And the Glasgow Celtic will be there.
Additional ways to get behind the Christmas Appeal 2019, include:
- Donate by Text – text ‘CELTIC’ followed by ‘£1’, ‘£5’ or ‘£10’ to 70085*
- Donate Online
- Donate via PayPal- www.CelticChristmasAppeal.com
- Donate in Cash – there are collection boxes located in all Celtic Stores
- Donate by Cheque – payable to ‘Celtic FC Foundation’ and sent to Celtic FC Foundation, Celtic Park, Glasgow G40 3RE.
- Provide support through your Christmas shopping via Give as you Live and Amazon Smile – http://www.celticfc.net/news/17086
- Contribute via our Christmas Appeal eBay auctions – the first will be live later today, featuring signed shirts following the Celtic v Motherwell match on Sunday, November 10 and then our general auction between Thursday, December 5 and Tuesday, December 10 – of which all proceeds will be donated to the Appeal.
- Sign up for the Celtic Sleep Out, Glasgow on Saturday, November 16 – http://www.celticfc.net/news/16709
- Make a donation to receive your ‘Celtic FC Foundation Letter from Santa’– further details to follow.
- Come along to Ghirls for Good on Friday, November 29 –http://www.celticfc.net/news/16887
- Sign up for the Celtic Sleep Out, London on Saturday, November 30 –http://www.celticfc.net/news/16709
Thank you for your magnificent support.
*Texts will cost the donation amount, plus one standard rate message.