Following the success of last season’s Arctic Trek in January of 2023, Celtic FC Foundation are delighted to launch our next overseas challenge – ‘Celts in the Sahara’ – which will take place in February, 2024.
This inaugural event will see a group of supporters trek approximately 32 kilometers over four days through the world’s most famous desert. On one of the days, participants will summit the Chigaga Dunes – the highest sand dunes in the Sahara – in time to witness the stunning sunrise. There will also be an opportunity for everyone to explore the beautiful city of Marrakech.
The cost of the trip is £1,600 per person and this includes a non-refundable deposit of £300 which is required to confirm your place on the trip. There is also a minimum fundraising requirement of £1,800 as a charitable contribution to Celtic FC Foundation, in support of our work challenging poverty and promoting inclusion.
The package includes:
- Return flights from central Scotland, departing on Thursday, February 15 and returning on Wednesday, February 21.
- Transfers within Morocco.
- Hotel accommodation on days 1, 2 and 6.
- Tents and other camping equipment (participants must bring their own sleeping bag and sleeping mat) for days 3, 4 and 5.
- All meals from dinner on day 1 through to breakfast on day 7.
- Local English speaking guides, Global Adventure Challenges leader from the UK and a UK Doctor.
- A celebration after completion of the trek.
Following payment of the £300 deposit, the balance of £1,300 can be paid in three separate installments with the final payment being due on Tuesday, October 31, 2023. The minimum fundraising amount of £1,800 must be raised by Thursday, February 08, 2024.
Places on the 2024 ‘Celts in the Sahara’ trip are limited and are available on a first come first served basis. To register your interest and receive a registration pack, please email us at [email protected] or call 0141 551 4321.
Thank you for your wonderful support.