WITH the season now well underway, Celtic FC Foundation would ordinarily be gearing up for one of our biannual pre-match food collections, which normally take place in April and September each year.
Having missed out on the April event due to the COVID-19 crisis, our last collection took place ahead of the Kilmarnock match on September 22, 2019, which saw the Celtic support generously donate in excess of 3000kg of food.
However, we are currently living in a very different world.
With fans unable to attend matches at present, Celtic FC Foundation cannot sadly host our second collection of the year, our September food drive in partnership with Glasgow North East Foodbank.
But the need is greater than ever.
Therefore, in the lead up to kick off for the match against Livingston on Saturday, September 19, 2020 we are humbly asking those supporters who are in a position to do so, to contribute virtually, to cover the cost of a bag of shopping for those who are most vulnerable in the local community.
Supporters can donate whatever they can afford e.g. £10, £20, £30, etc. with funds raised covering the cost of food and essentials, which will be provided to those most in need of our support, via Glasgow North East Foodbank and our other FFGF charity partners.
To support our virtual food drive, simply make your donation HERE ahead of the 3pm kick-off and, with your help, we can still use football for good to bring people together to make a difference in these uncertain times.
Since the launch of the Football for Good Fund and throughout the coming months, the Foundation has ensured and will continue to ensure food parcels, basic necessities, hot meals and other critical interventions are available to the growing number of people affected by the ruthlessness of COVID-19.
But we can’t do it alone.
To support the Football for Good Fund, you can also:
1. Donate by Text – text ‘CELTIC’ followed by ‘£1’, ‘£5’ or ‘£10’ to 70085*
2. Donate Online HERE
3. Donate via PayPal HERE
4. Donate via our Facebook page HERE or set up your own Facebook fundraiser
5. Donate in cash – there are collection boxes in Celtic stores
6. Donate by Cheque – payable to ‘Celtic FC Foundation’ and sent to Celtic FC Foundation, Celtic Park, Glasgow G40 3RE
7. Sign up to regular giving through our Walfrid’s Wish initiative HERE
8. Purchase our 9-in-a-row badge and Glittering Prize print HERE
9. Provide support through your online shopping via Give as you Live and Amazon Smile
10. Take part in our online auction – details comings soon!
11. Come up with your own fundraising idea and get in touch with us at [email protected]
Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts.
*Texts will cost the donation amount, plus one standard rate message