The next beneficiary to be confirmed as part of the Christmas Appeal phase of our Football for Good Fund (FFGF), is Safe in Scotland, formerly known as Glasgow Night Shelter.
Striving to prevent homelessness in the community since 2011, Safe in Scotland provide trauma-informed support and dignified accommodation for people experiencing an asylum-related housing crisis.
Having supported the charity through previous Christmas Appeals and also our general FFGF, supporters of Celtic FC Foundation have allowed Safe in Scotland to provide accommodation and culture appropriate food for asylum seekers who otherwise would be homeless.
Annika Joy is Safe in Scotland’s Chief Executive and has seen, first-hand, the difference the Christmas Appeal makes to those they work with. She said: “With the support of Celtic FC Foundation and others, since August 2020 we’ve been able to offer 24/7 holistic, trauma-informed accommodation, for up to 17 people at any one time. About 100 people stay with us each year, moving back into Home Office accommodation and often eventually getting refugee status.”
Safe in Scotland are unique in their offering, as their support continues after accommodation. Their motto of “Shelter. Safety. Support.” sums up their dedication to providing support beyond simply offering a bed for the night.
With a long-term vision where everyone has personal access to food, medicine, sanitary, and washing facilities, Safe in Scotland rely on the community around them to achieve their goals.
Annika continued: “We believe that no-one should face homelessness when they seek sanctuary in Scotland. We have a continual waiting list for our accommodation and a lot of fundraising to do to make it sustainable and eventually grow it. Your support will allow us to continue to provide this vital service and ensure that people have the dignity of shelter, safety and support.”
With a personal tailored approach to every individual circumstance, Safe in Scotland continue to work with Glasgow’s homeless asylum seekers year round, day and night, and your support helps these individuals and families feel at home here in Glasgow.
Safe in Scotland join Glasgow City Mission, PEEK, St Roch’s FC Foundation, The Invisibles, Woman’s Aid in Dublin and Women’s Aid Belfast and Lisburn as the latest Appeal beneficiary to be confirmed.
Through the Appeal we want to give hundreds of families in our communities the Christmas they deserve, making sure there’s food on the table and gifts under the tree.
We also wish to help pensioners, women and children in refuge, the homeless community and refugees – as well as a whole host of others facing poverty and hardship.
Charity, and the generosity and compassion of the Celtic Family, will always be our past, present and future – it’s our heritage, our responsibility, our lifeblood.
Please join Celtic FC Foundation in making a difference this Christmas – it’s our reason for being.
The key ways to get behind the Christmas Appeal 2021, include:
- Donate by text – text ‘CELTIC’ followed by ‘£1’, ‘£5’ or ‘£10’ to 70085*
- Donate online HERE
- Donate via PayPal HERE
- Donate via Facebook HERE
- Donate in Cash – there are collection boxes located in all Celtic Stores
- Donate by Cheque – payable to ‘Celtic FC Foundation’ and sent to Celtic FC Foundation, Celtic Park, Glasgow G40 3RE.
- Provide support through your Christmas shopping via Give as you Live and AmazonSmile HERE
- Make a donation to receive your ‘Celtic FC Foundation Letter from Santa’ HERE
- Purchase our brand new Foundation T-shirt HERE
- Come along to Ghirls for Good on Friday, November 26 HERE
- Sign up for the Celtic Sleep Out, London on Friday, December 3 HERE
- Support our Light Up the Clover initiative on Thursday, December 9 or matchday bucket collection on Sunday, December 12 – to register as a volunteer collector, call 0141 551 4486 or email [email protected]
- Enter our new Christmas Appeal Prize Draw – further details to follow.
Thank you for your magnificent support.
*Texts will cost the donation amount, plus one standard rate message.