With Celtic FC Foundation’s 2019 Christmas Appeal now underway, we are delighted to announce, that thanks to the incredible support and generosity of club sponsors Dafabet and Magners, Celtic will be sporting our Christmas Appeal logo on the Hoops for the match against Motherwell this Sunday, November 10.
These unique match issue shirts will feature our Christmas Appeal logo on the front, as well as Appeal branding on the reverse and a selection of the shirts will then be signed and made available via an online charity auction, from our eBay account – further details to follow. All proceeds will support the 2019 Christmas Appeal.
One of the shirts will also be on offer at a later date, as part of a prize draw, for supporters who have made a contribution towards the 2019 Appeal.
In addition to the match shirts, the Christmas Appeal logo will also feature on the t-shirts worn by the players during their warm up on Sunday, with Magners again kindly offering this opportunity.
Through our Christmas Appeal, we aim to honour the founding principles set out when the club was formed in 1887, by continuing to help those in our community, who are most in need.
We want to help hundreds of local families facing poverty by giving them the kind of Christmas we all take for granted.
We also want to support pensioners on our doorstep and help out local charities. We can make a massive difference to the lives of children, the homeless, refugees and those living in refuge or facing other challenges.
Celtic FC Foundation Chief Executive Tony Hamilton said: “We would like to offer our great thanks to club sponsors Dafabet and Magners, for this wonderful gesture.
“Both organisations are always hugely supportive of our aims and objectives and allowing us to feature our logo on the shirts this Sunday, not only offers a tremendous opportunity to promote our 2019 Christmas Appeal but also to raise some invaluable funds.”
John Cruces, Head of Sports Marketing and Sponsorship at Dafabet, said: “As always we’re very happy to assist the Foundation with the fantastic work they do. The Christmas Appeal in particular grows each year and helps so many people through what can be a very difficult time of year, so it’s only right that we offer our support.”
Nicola Cooper, Sponsorship and Events Manager at Magners, added: “We have a longstanding commitment to the great and worthwhile causes that Celtic FC Foundation support, including the Magners Employability Programme. We’re delighted to donate our training wear and back of shirt branding to this year’s Celtic FC Foundation Christmas Appeal.”
Christmas is a time to give and share. And the Glasgow Celtic will be there.
To get behind the Christmas Appeal 2019, you can:
- Donate by Text – text ‘CELTIC’ followed by ‘£1’, ‘£5’ or ‘£10’ to 70085*
- Donate Online
- Donate via PayPal- www.CelticChristmasAppeal.com
- Donate in Cash – there are collection boxes located in all Celtic Stores
- Donate by Cheque – payable to ‘Celtic FC Foundation’ and sent to Celtic FC Foundation, Celtic Park, Glasgow G40 3RE.
- Provide support through your Christmas shopping via Give as you Live and Amazon Smile
- Contribute via our Christmas Appeal eBay auctions – the first featuring the signed shirts following Sunday’s match and then our general auction between Thursday, December 5 and Tuesday, December 10 – of which all proceeds will be donated to the Appeal.
- Sign up for the Celtic Sleep Out, Glasgow on Saturday, November 16 – http://www.celticfc.net/news/16709
- Make a donation to receive your ‘Celtic FC Foundation Letter from Santa’– further details to follow.
- Support our Light Up the Clover initiative on Thursday, November 28 or matchday bucket collection on Sunday, December 15 – to register as a volunteer collector, call 0141 551 4204 or email [email protected]
- Come along to the Ghirls for Good on Friday, November 29http://www.celticfc.net/news/16887
- Sign up for the Celtic Sleep Out, London on Saturday, November 30 –http://www.celticfc.net/news/16709
Thank you for your magnificent support.
*Texts will cost the donation amount, plus one standard rate message.