WITH the Appeal phase of the Football for Good Fund now in full swing, we continue our beneficiary series with a closer look at the work of Spirit Aid, who received a donation of £26,000.
Spirit Aid is a humanitarian organisation that has been supporting children, young people and families in Scotland and further afield for almost 20 years.
The organisation strives to create opportunities for young people- supporting basic needs such as health, safety, education and ensuring that families can put food on their table.
Patrick Rolink of Spirit Aid spoke in detail about what the organisation was doing throughout the current COVID-19 crisis and expressed his thanks for the support received through the Football for Good Fund.
He said: “During the pandemic, we have been distributing more than 100 food hampers weekly, to families in places ranging from Glasgow to Kilmarnock to Lanarkshire and Stirlingshire.
“In many cases the need is dire and the support is continuous over months. Celtic FC Foundation have been instrumental in helping us ensure people can put food on their table. Realistically, without the Foundation, Spirit Aid would have collapsed under the weight of demand for our support.
“There are many people throughout Scotland that would have gone hungry without our intervention, so there are no words that can express the gratitude of our team. Celtic FC Foundation have empowered us to provide for those most in need, making a real difference to the lives of many ordinary people facing poverty.
“Thank you to everyone at the Foundation and to the wonderfully kind and generous fans who continue to support the Football for Good Fund.”
Through the Football for Good Fund, we have been helping to provide food and essentials to those most likely to be affected by the crisis.
Since the launch of the Fund and throughout the next six months or so, the Foundation has ensured and will continue to ensure food parcels, basic necessities, hot meals and other critical interventions are available to the growing number of people affected by the ruthlessness of COVID-19.
But we can’t do it alone.
To support the Football for Good Fund, you can:
1. Donate by Text – text ‘CELTIC’ followed by ‘£1’, ‘£5’ or ‘£10’ to 70085*
2. Donate Online HERE
3. Donate via PayPal HERE
4. Donate via our Facebook page HERE or set up your own Facebook fundraiser
5. Donate in cash – there are collection boxes in Celtic stores
6. Donate by Cheque – payable to ‘Celtic FC Foundation’ and sent to Celtic FC Foundation, Celtic Park, Glasgow G40 3RE
7. Sign up to regular giving through our Walfrid’s Wish initiative HERE
8. Get involved in our unique #9IAR challenge HERE
9. Purchase our 9-in-a-row badge and Glittering Prize print HERE
11. Join Liam McGrandles for his fundraising gig live at 7pm on Friday, August 14, on Celtic FC Foundation’s Facebook page HERE
12. Take part in our online auction – details comings soon!
13. Come up with your own fundraising idea and get in touch with us at [email protected]
Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts.
*Texts will cost the donation amount, plus one standard rate message.