Since March, Celtic FC Foundation’s Football for Good Fund, has been providing food and essentials to those most affected by the COVID-19 crisis. The Fund has now risen to over £900K but the need is greater than ever, as more and more people are suffering as a result of the pandemic and are desperate for our support.
Via our regular giving initiative, Walfrid’s Wish, we are encouraging supporters to continue the legacy of Brother Walfrid, by becoming a Champion of Celtic FC Foundation, and making a monthly contribution in support of the Football for Good Fund.
Walfrid’s Wish donations to date have supported a variety of fantastic projects and since April 2019, monies have been devoted to supporting those, primarily on our doorstep but also further afield, who are facing poverty. This has included our lunches for the homeless at Celtic Park and the provision of food and other essential items for local families, through our partnership with the Glasgow North East Foodbank.
The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has seen an increased demand for support and monthly donations are currently helping to provide food parcels, basic necessities, hot meals and other critical interventions to those who are most in need.
Please follow in the footsteps of Brother Walfrid and become a Champion of Celtic FC Foundation, by making a monthly donation.
You can sign up and donate via:
DIRECT DEBIT ONLINE: HERE
DEBIT/CREDIT CARD/PAYPAL ONLINE: HERE
STANDING ORDER: Download our online form HERE
TEXT: Text CHAMPION to 70020 to give £3 per month
The text service is a subscription service. You will be charged £3 plus two text messages at your standard network rate in the first month and £3 per month thereafter. Celtic FC Foundation will receive 100% of the donation. To unsubscribe text STOP to 70020 or call 0141 551 4321.
Throughout the coming months, we aim to continue to ensure that support is available to the growing number of people affected by the ruthlessness of COVID-19.
But we can’t do it alone.
To support the Football for Good Fund, you can also:
1. Donate by Text – text ‘CELTIC’ followed by ‘£1’, ‘£5’ or ‘£10’ to 70085*
2. Donate Online HERE
3. Donate via PayPal HERE
4. Donate via our Facebook page HERE or set up your own Facebook fundraiser
5. Donate in cash – there are collection boxes in Celtic stores
6. Donate by Cheque – payable to ‘Celtic FC Foundation’ and sent to Celtic FC Foundation, Celtic Park, Glasgow G40 3RE
7. Purchase our 9-in-a-row badge and Glittering Prize print HERE
8. Get involved in our unique #9IAR challen8ge HERE
9. Provide support through your online shopping via Give as you Live and Amazon Smile
10. Come up with your own fundraising idea and get in touch with us at [email protected]
Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts.
*Texts will cost the donation amount, plus one standard rate message.