As we continue our spotlight series highlighting the partners who will benefit from your generosity through the Christmas Appeal phase of Celtic FC Foundation’s Football for Good Fund, we turn our attention to a local organisation in Possibilities for Each and Every Kid (PEEK).
PEEK is a children’s charity based in the East End of Glasgow, which operates in over 40 communities across the city.
PEEK has benefitted from the support of Celtic FC Foundation in recent years, via contributions towards its annual winter warmer appeal through our Christmas Appeals, as well as their feeding programme and launch of their food bus, PEEKACHEW, through the Football for Good Fund.
PEEK CEO, Michaela Collins, spoke of the necessity for this support, saying: “Last year a lot of the families PEEK support were just coping. This winter, in addition to the pandemic continuing to have an impact on household incomes and health, we know families are currently choosing between fuel and food due to financial cuts and the fuel crisis.”
Each Christmas, PEEK launches its #winterwarmer appeal, a campaign to provide brand new jackets and wellies to children and young people, with a belief that every child, regardless of their background, should be able to play outdoors all year round.
Support received from this year’s Christmas Appeal will help towards the campaign, as well as assist in providing brand new school uniforms, toys and gift vouchers for children and young people, and Christmas dinners for struggling families.
Michaela and PEEK have recognised a basic need in the communities they support and she continued: “A winter jacket might seem like an essential item for all, but will be beyond the reach of many families we support, especially this year. I would urge supporters out there to please do what you can to make a real difference to children living in poverty in Glasgow, by donating to Celtic FC Foundation’s Christmas Appeal. Thank you.”
PEEK also delivers free festive events, such as family Christmas meals, pop-up cinema events and pantomime trips and hopes to reach over 1,000 children, young people and families throughout a number of projects.
PEEK is the latest Appeal beneficiary to be confirmed, following on from St Roch’s FC Foundation, The Invisibles, Woman’s Aid in Dublin and Women’s Aid Belfast and Lisburn.
Through the Appeal we want to give hundreds of families in our communities the Christmas they deserve, making sure there’s food on the table and gifts under the tree.
We also wish to help pensioners, women and children in refuge, the homeless community and refugees – as well as a whole host of others facing poverty and hardship.
Charity, and the generosity and compassion of the Celtic Family, will always be our past, present and future – it’s our heritage, our responsibility, our lifeblood.
Please join Celtic FC Foundation in making a difference this Christmas – it’s our reason for being.
The key ways to get behind the Christmas Appeal 2021, include:
- Donate by text – text ‘CELTIC’ followed by ‘£1’, ‘£5’ or ‘£10’ to 70085*
- Donate online HERE
- Donate via PayPal HERE
- Donate via Facebook HERE
- Donate in Cash – there are collection boxes located in all Celtic Stores
- Donate by Cheque – payable to ‘Celtic FC Foundation’ and sent to Celtic FC Foundation, Celtic Park, Glasgow G40 3RE.
- Provide support through your Christmas shopping via Give as you Live and AmazonSmile HERE
- Make a donation to receive your ‘Celtic FC Foundation Letter from Santa’ HERE
- Purchase our brand new Foundation T-shirt HERE
- Come along to Ghirls for Good on Friday, November 26 HERE
- Sign up for the Celtic Sleep Out, London on Friday, December 3 HERE
- Support our Light Up the Clover initiative on Thursday, December 9 or matchday bucket collection on Sunday, December 12 – to register as a volunteer collector, call 0141 551 4204 or email [email protected]
- Enter our new Christmas Appeal Prize Draw – further details to follow.
Thank you for your magnificent support.
*Texts will cost the donation amount, plus one standard rate message.