TODAY marks exactly 132 years since the formation of Celtic Football Club, in St Mary’s Church Hall in East Rose Street, Calton, and Celtic FC Foundation is delighted to officially launch our 2019 Christmas Appeal – aiming to honour the founding principles set out that day in 1887, by helping those most in need in our community.
Neil Lennon and his first-team showed wonderful support for the initiative by taking time out to share the message of our Appeal.
Scott Brown, Boli Bolingoli, Fraser Forster, Christopher Jullien, Callum McGregor, Jonny Hayes, Moritz Bauer, Hatem Abd Elhamed and Odsonne Edouard all joined the manager in reiterating our aims through the appeal.
The Appeal will help local families and pensioners who face poverty and hardship, as well as a number of charities who care for those experiencing the torment of homelessness or other disadvantage.
Once again, Celtic FC have got behind the Appeal, kicking it off yesterday (Tuesday) with a fantastic donation of £10,000.
The generosity and compassion of the Celtic Family is truly unrivalled and once again, we are looking for your support, to get behind this year’s Christmas Appeal.
We are a club like no other, and together, we can continue to bring comfort to those who need it most.
Christmas is a time to give and share. And the Glasgow Celtic will be there.
To get behind the Christmas Appeal 2019, you can:
- Donate by Text – text ‘CELTIC’ followed by ‘£1’, ‘£5’ or ‘£10’ to 70085*
- Donate Online
- Donate via PayPal – www.CelticChristmasAppeal.com
- Donate in Cash – there are collection boxes located in all Celtic Stores
- Donate by Cheque – payable to ‘Celtic FC Foundation’ and sent to Celtic FC Foundation, Celtic Park, Glasgow G40 3RE.
- Provide support through your Christmas shopping via Give as you Live and Amazon Smile
- Take part in the Founding Fathers’ Fast today, November 6 and donate £5 through one of the outlets above – http://www.celticfc.net/news/17040
- Contribute via our Christmas Appeal eBay auctions – the first featuring signed shirts following the Celtic v Motherwell match on Sunday, November 10 and then our general auction between Thursday, December 5 and Tuesday, December 10 – of which all proceeds will be donated to the Appeal.
- Sign up for the Celtic Sleep Out, Glasgow on Saturday, November 16 – http://www.celticfc.net/news/16709
- Make a donation to receive your ‘Celtic FC Foundation Letter from Santa’– further details to follow.
- Support our Light Up the Clover initiative on Thursday, November 28 or matchday bucket collection on Sunday, December 15 – to register as a volunteer collector, call 0141 551 4204 or email [email protected]
- Come along to the Ghirls for Good on Friday, November 29 –http://www.celticfc.net/news/16887
- Sign up for the Celtic Sleep Out, London on Saturday, November 30 –http://www.celticfc.net/news/16709
Thank you for your magnificent support.
*Texts will cost the donation amount, plus one standard rate message.