ORDINARILY, as part of our Christmas Appeal, we host our Ghirls for Good festive extravaganza for 350+ guests in the Kerrydale Suite at Celtic Park, with the fabulous Edward Reid. It’s one of our favourite nights of the year but, like so many other initiatives, Ghirls for Good in its regular format just won’t be possible this year due to restrictions currently in place.
However, as the crippling effects of the pandemic have added unbearably to the pressures on so many, the assistance provided by Celtic FC Foundation to those who are most vulnerable is now more crucial than ever before.
And that’s why we’re humbly asking fans to take on this new dance challenge – Boogie for Good – which is open to all supporters.
This event is being very generously sponsored by the Ellen Kane Trust, who have traditionally backed the Ghirls for Good event for a number of years.
Participants will take on the challenge of dancing non-stop to an array of Christmas party classics – we’ll send you the playlist – from 7.30-9.30pm on Friday, December 11, 2020. And why not make it your very own Christmas celebration by getting your whole household involved or setting up video calls with friends and family so you’re all in the festive spirit together. All you need is tinsel and a pair of virtual dancing shoes!
Supporters can take part and enjoy the event from the comfort of their own homes, no matter where they are in the world (government guidance on social distancing and meeting with other households must be followed). We’ll be tweeting from the Foundation twitter account (@FoundationCFC) throughout with messages and updates so please don’t forget to send us your dancing pics!
Registration is now open HERE. The non-refundable registration fee is £5 per person and all we ask is that participants commit to raising a minimum of £50 (after entry fee).
Participants aged under 16 years must have consent/approval from their parent or legal guardian. Please ensure you read the Terms and Conditions before completing the process.
Upon registration, you will receive your sponsorship pack including a sponsor form and details on how to set up your online fundraising page.
And to make this initiative even more magical, thanks to an incredible donation from event sponsor, the Ellen Kane Trust, participants have the chance to win a Christmas gift like no other!
The Fly High NY Draw offers a stunning package for two people to New York City including return flights from Glasgow and three nights’ accommodation in a double or twin room in a hotel close to Times Square (booking and redemption period will take account of COVID restrictions).
The entry fee is £10 and participants will be given the opportunity to enter – up to five times – during the event registration process. The very lucky winner will be announced through the Foundation twitter account, immediately after the event on Friday, December 11.
Proceeds raised will be devoted to the Christmas Appeal phase of our Football for Good Fund (FFGF), specifically to support families living in poverty and provide treasured Christmas gifts for sick or disadvantaged children. Heartbreakingly, for some it will be the only one they receive.
Through the Appeal, we want to help hundreds of local families, giving them the kind of Christmas most of us take for granted. With lots of food on the table and gifts for the kids. Making sure Santa pays a visit on Christmas Eve, despite COVID-19.
We also want to support pensioners on our doorstep, by lending a hand at a difficult time of year. Local charities need our help too. We can make a massive difference to the lives of children, the homeless, refugees and those living in refuge or facing other challenges.
The generosity and compassion of the Celtic Family is truly unrivalled and once again, we are looking for your support, to get behind this Christmas Appeal phase of the FFGF.
We are a Club like no other, and together, we can continue to bring comfort to those who need it most.
To get behind the Appeal, you can also:
1. Donate by text – text ‘CELTIC’ followed by ‘£1’, ‘£5’ or ‘£10’ to 70085*
2. Donate online HERE
3. Donate via PayPal HERE
4. Donate via Facebook HERE
5. Donate in Cash – there are collection boxes located in all Celtic Stores
6. Donate by Cheque – payable to ‘Celtic FC Foundation’ and sent to Celtic FC Foundation, Celtic Park, Glasgow G40 3RE.
7. Contribute to our Virtual Toy Drive HERE
8. Sign up for our Stay Up for the Champions sponsored event on Friday, December 4 / Saturday, December 5 HERE
9. Provide support through your Christmas shopping via Give as you Live and AmazonSmile HERE
10. Contribute via our Christmas Appeal eBay auction, featuring shirts from the AC Milan v Celtic match on Thursday, December 3 (with Celtic FC Foundation branding) and Celtic v St Johnstone on Sunday, December 6 (with Christmas Appeal branding). The auction will run from Monday, December 7 – Saturday, December 12.
11. Make a donation to receive your ‘Celtic FC Foundation Letter from Santa’– further details to follow.
12. Purchase your copy of the stunning Gerard Burns Glittering Prize, the perfect Christmas Gift HERE
13. Contribute via our Virtual Bucket Collection on Sunday, December 6.
Thank you for your magnificent support.
*Texts will cost the donation amount, plus one standard rate message.