Celtic FC Foundation are delighted to announce that an incredible total of almost £14K was raised for the Christmas Appeal Phase of our Football for Good Fund, during the recent ‘The Tommy Burns Story’ live shows at Celtic Park.
In a play which celebrated the life of the one and only Tommy Burns, the cast performed six sell-out shows in the Kerrydale Suite from November 9-13, with each and every performance leaving the audience captivated by a perfect mix of humour and emotion.
The show’s writer, Davie Carswell very generously donated a percentage of the ticket sales to the Foundation, as well as offering an opportunity for our staff and volunteers to sell programmes at each performance, with 100% of the proceeds devoted to our Christmas Appeal.
We are extremely grateful to Davie and everyone involved in ‘The Tommy Burns Story’ for their wonderful support, and also to our volunteers for giving up their time yet again.
In addition, we have paid our very own tribute to Tommy, with the launch of our brand new, limited edition T-shirt, which also praises the forever present compassion and generosity of our supporters.
The T-shirt – which has the blessing of the Burns family – features the Foundation logo accompanied by Tommy’s famous quote following the 1988 Scottish Cup final, when he said of the Celtic support: ‘They’re there, and they’re always there.’
The T-shirt is available now – priced at £20 – and can be purchased from the Celtic Superstore or online HERE.
With Christmas just around the corner, it offers the perfect Christmas gift for any Celtic supporter and net proceeds will be devoted to our Christmas Appeal.
Through the Appeal, we want to give hundreds of families in our communities the Christmas they deserve, making sure there’s food on the table and gifts under the tree.
We also wish to help pensioners, women and children in refuge, the homeless community and refugees – as well as a whole host of others facing poverty and hardship.
Charity, and the generosity and compassion of the Celtic family, will always be our past, present and future – it’s our heritage, our responsibility, our lifeblood.
Please join Celtic FC Foundation in making a difference this Christmas – it’s our reason for being.
Other ways to get behind the Christmas Appeal 2021, include:
- Donate by text – text ‘CELTIC’ followed by ‘£1’, ‘£5’ or ‘£10’ to 70085*
- Donate online HERE
- Donate via PayPal HERE
- Donate via Facebook HERE
- Donate in Cash – there are collection boxes located in all Celtic Stores
- Donate by Cheque – payable to ‘Celtic FC Foundation’ and sent to Celtic FC Foundation, Celtic Park, Glasgow G40 3RE.
- Provide support through your Christmas shopping via Give as you Live and AmazonSmile HERE
- Make a donation to receive your ‘Celtic FC Foundation Letter from Santa’ HERE
- Come along to Ghirls for Good on Friday, November 26 HERE
- Sign up for the Celtic Sleep Out, London on Friday, December 3 HERE
- Support our Light Up the Clover initiative on Thursday, December 9 or matchday bucket collection on Sunday, December 12 – to register as a volunteer collector, call 0141 551 4204 or email [email protected]
- Enter our new Christmas Appeal Prize Draw – further details to follow.
Thank you for your magnificent support.
*Texts will cost the donation amount, plus one standard rate message.