CELTIC FC Foundation are delighted to introduce a brand new Christmas Appeal fundraising initiative – Light up the Clover – which will take place on Wednesday, December 13 at Celtic Park in the lead-up to Celtic’s SPFL encounter with Hamilton Academical.
Supporters will have the opportunity to purchase a small LED candle – priced at £2 each – and place it around the Christmas tree on the Celtic Way’s Clover area, in memory of a loved one.
The first candle placed on the Clover will be done so in honour of Brother Walfrid.
Our volunteers will be located on the Celtic Way and also at other key entry points around the ground so please look out for them on your way to Paradise.
It’s sure to be a beautiful and magical spectacle as we aim to ‘Light up the Clover’. All funds raised will support our 2017 Christmas Appeal.
We want to help around 300 local families facing poverty, to provide a meal on the table and gifts for the kids. We want to bring the magic of Christmas to those homes. We are also looking to help vulnerable local pensioners to ease the financial burden at a challenging time of year plus a number of other local charities who support those experiencing homelessness or other disadvantage.
Nine charity partners have been confirmed so far, including The Wayside Club, Loaves and Fishes, The Invisibles, Salvation Army Parkhead, Glasgow City Mission, the Scottish Refugee Council, The Elpis Centre and two London-based beneficiaries – St. Anne’s Primary School in Whitechapel, and the Cardinal Hume Centre.
So please follow in the footsteps of Brother Walfrid and help us Share the Spirit of Celtic this Christmas to help the most vulnerable in our community.
You can also get behind the Appeal in the following ways:
- Donate by Text – text ‘CELT07’ followed by ‘£1’, ‘£5’ or ‘£10’ to 70070
- Donate Online – www.celticfcfoundation.com
- Donate via Paypal – www.celticfcfoundation.com
- Donate in Cash – there are collection boxes located in all Celtic Stores
- Donate by Cheque – payable to ‘Celtic FC Foundation’ and sent to Celtic FC Foundation, Celtic Park, Glasgow, G40 3RE.
- Give as you Live via your Christmas Shopping – http://www.celticfc.net/news/13512
- Support our matchday bucket collection on Saturday, December 2 – our volunteers will be in place at all turnstile and entry areas in the lead-up to Celtic’s SPFL encounter with Motherwell.
- Download Kevin Miles’ single ‘Celtic, My Heart and My Soul’- http://www.celticfc.net/news/13494
Thank you for your wonderful support.