CHRISTMAS should be a time of joy for all of us but it can be a difficult time for many individuals and families, who face poverty, hardship and disadvantage.
Our target is to provide a proper Christmas meal for around 200 local families and ;gifts for the younger family members, who otherwise would go without. If we don�€™t help them there might not be a Christmas in those households.
That is why Celtic FC Foundation, the charitable arm of the football club, is delighted to launch its 2014 Christmas Appeal to honour our founding principles and help those in our community who are most in need. ;
Celtic has kicked off the appeal with a magnificent £10,000 donation and this has set the Foundation well on its way to securing a record total in 2014.
We are also aiming to support local charities who care for those experiencing the torment of homelessness or other disadvantage.
The generosity and compassion of the Celtic Family is unique and unsurpassed, and Celtic FC Foundation is requesting your support once again for an appeal which epitomises the very essence of our club and truly honours the founding principles of Brother Walfrid.
Please help us brighten up lives and reach our goal this Christmas.
Those individuals and charities we are looking to support through the 2014 Christmas Appeal are:
- Around 200 local families (a Christmas meal and gifts for the children)
- Glasgow East Women�€™s Aid (Gifts, toys and family outings gifts for those in the refuge)
- Spirit Aid (Christmas hampers for those in need in the West of Scotland)
- Glasgow Simon Community (we will host a Christmas lunch here at Celtic Park on Sunday, December 7)
- Loaves and Fishes (at hot meal in the cold weather for the homeless and those living in poverty)
- The Wayside Club Centre (a refuge and meal on Christmas Day for the homeless)
- Glasgow City Mission (support for their Older Men�€™s Club which provides food and companionship)
- Scottish Refugee Council (support for refugees facing their first Christmas in Scotland)
- The Invisibles (warm goods and clothing for the City�€™s homeless)
- Yorkhill Children�€™s Charity (gifts and activities for children facing a hospital stay over Christmas)
As part of the Appeal, Celtic FC Foundation will also be hosting a Ladies Lunch �€“ Ghirls for Good �€“ on Saturday, December 13 and providing a party for some local children on Thursday, December 18, both in the Kerrydale Suite.
Peter Lawwell, Celtic�€™s Chief Executive commented: ;�€œCeltic is delighted to kick-off this year�€™s Christmas Appeal with a £10,000 donation. ; ;
�€œThe club is totally committed to helping people in real need and at a difficult time of the year for so many, we hope our work, through this year�€™s appeal, can bring some cheer to those who really need our support. ;
�€œWe aim to have an impact across a wide spectrum of families and fantastic community groups and we hope to make a positive difference to the lives of thousands of people, once again honouring the charitable ambitions of the club�€™s great founders.�€
Celtic FC Foundation CEO, Tony Hamilton, added: �€œChristmas is extremely challenging for many families and we can all play a part in alleviating that in the coming weeks.
�€œOur task is to ease the pressure on local families by running a successful appeal through the generosity of our supporters, staff and commercial partners.
�€œIn addition to that, it�€™s important that we strive to have a positive impact on those experiencing homelessness or other disadvantage this Christmas and those who are in crisis, particularly mothers and their children.
�€œOur appeals in previous years have received phenomenal support from everyone connected with the football club and the charity and I have every faith that this year will be no different. I would like to thank you in advance for your outstanding generosity.
�€œI hope that, together, we can brighten up lives this Christmas and convey a message of hope and unity to those who need our support.�€
To get behind the Christmas Appeal 2014, donations can be made in the following ways:
- Text �€“ text �€˜CELT07�€™ followed by �€˜£1�€™, �€˜£5�€™ or �€˜£10�€™ to 70070
- Online �€“ ;www.celticfc.net/charity/donate ; ; ;
- Cash �€“ there are collection boxes located in all Celtic Stores
- Cheque �€“ payable to �€˜Celtic FC Foundation�€™ and sent to Celtic FC Foundation, Celtic Park, Glasgow, G40 3RE.
Any donation you make this Christmas will help those who need it most.
Thank you for making a difference.