CELTIC FC Foundation’s 2015 Christmas Appeal was in full swing at Celtic Park today as we hosted a party for 200 Primary 5 children from five schools in the East End of Glasgow – Dalmarnock, St Denis’, Haghill Park, St Thomas’ and St Michael’s.
All the kids were treated to a special lunch, a game of pass-the-parcel, a dance session, tattoo artist and a disco.
There were also a couple of special visitors in the shape of Hoopy the Huddle Hound and Santa Claus, who delivered a selection box to each child.
And the day was topped off by Celtic first-team player, Nadir Ciftci who dropped in to the Kerrydale Suite and took time out to meet the children and sign autographs.
Celtic FC Foundation’s 2015 Christmas Appeal aims to help 200 local families who face poverty and hardship, and 10 charities who care for those experiencing the torment of homelessness or other disadvantage.
Celtic FC Foundation Chief Executive, Tony Hamilton, said: “There was a great deal of excitement in the Kerrydale Suite this afternoon and the whole day was just magical.
“It was a joy to see the children so incredibly happy and they were such a credit to their schools and their families. This initiative is a key element within our 2015 Christmas Appeal and the East End of Glasgow is at the very core of what we do.
“I would like to thank everyone who has supported our Appeal for allowing us to put big smiles on 200 kids’ faces this afternoon.”
Over £90,000 has already been raised for this year’s Appeal, in which we are trying to help thousands of people, and there´s still time to help in the following ways:
– Donate by Text – text ‘CELT07’ followed by ‘£1’, ‘£5’ or ‘£10’ to 70070
– Donate Online – HERE
– Donate via Paypal – Click HERE and simply use our email address to donate: [email protected] Quote/Ref: CA2015
– Donate in Cash – there are collection boxes located in all Celtic Stores
– Donate by Cheque – payable to ‘Celtic FC Foundation’ and sent to Celtic FC Foundation, Celtic Park, Glasgow, G40 3RE.
– Take part in our Champion Challenge – HERE
– Support our matchday bucket collection on Saturday, December 19
– Give as You Live via your Christmas shopping – HERE
Any donation you can make this Christmas will help make a real difference to those who need it most.
Please follow the Celtic Way to help us give back this Christmas.
Thank you for your wonderful and continued support.