WITH many of Scotland’s traditional mass-participation fundraising events such as the Great Scottish Run unfortunately cancelled this year, Celtic FC Foundation opted to go virtual with The Walfrid Wander, and the initiative has proved to be a fantastic success.
Supporters of all ages were encouraged to get active last weekend and walk or run either 10K, a half-marathon or a distance of their choice, to help raise money for Celtic FC Foundation’s Football for Good Fund.
The Celtic support responded in typical fashion, as fans throughout the world got involved and collectively raised an incredible sum in the region of £12K, with fundraising still ongoing.
We would like to thank each and every one of our wonderful supporters who have taken part in The Walfrid Wander, as well as everyone who has donated towards the initiative.
You can continue to support their efforts by making a donation HERE and all proceeds will be devoted to our ongoing Football for Good Fund.
The Football for Good Fund was launched in March and it has now risen to over £900K to help provide food and essentials to those most in need. Throughout the coming months, we aim to continue to ensure that food parcels, basic necessities, hot meals and other critical interventions are available to the growing number of people affected by the ruthlessness of COVID-19.
But we can’t do it alone.
To support the Football for Good Fund, you can also:
1. Donate by Text – text ‘CELTIC’ followed by ‘£1’, ‘£5’ or ‘£10’ to 70085*
2. Donate Online HERE
3. Donate via PayPal HERE
4. Donate via our Facebook page HERE or set up your own Facebook fundraiser
5. Donate in cash – there are collection boxes in Celtic stores
6. Donate by Cheque – payable to ‘Celtic FC Foundation’ and sent to Celtic FC Foundation, Celtic Park, Glasgow G40 3RE
7. Sign up to regular giving through our Walfrid’s Wish initiative HERE
8. Bid on a host of truly unique collectors’ items in our FFGF Online Auction HERE
9. Purchase our 9-in-a-row badge and Glittering Prize print HERE
10. Get involved in our unique #9IAR challenge HERE
11. Provide support through your online shopping via Give as you Live and Amazon Smile
12. Come up with your own fundraising idea and get in touch with us at [email protected]
Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts.
*Texts will cost the donation amount, plus one standard rate message.