ON the 132nd anniversary of the formation of our club, we are set, once again, to open our doors for the annual Brother Walfrid Community Lunch, as we welcome our special guests to Celtic Park for a hot two-course meal.
On the same day, we will also be asking members of the Celtic Family to honour our charitable heritage, by taking part in this year’s Founding Fathers’ Fast on Wednesday, November 6.
The Founding Fathers’ Fast encourages supporters to fast for the day and donate what you would have spent on food – a suggested £5 – to our 2019 Christmas Appeal.
Please give up food for a single day and help someone who really needs our support this Christmas.
How to get involved:
1. Use the Hashtag #FoundingFathersFast
2. Tweet us @foundationcfc in advance to let us know that you’re getting involved and why
3. Fast for the day on Wednesday, November 6, in honour of our Club’s Founding Fathers
4. Change your profile pic for the day to the Founding Fathers’ Fast image (below)
5. Donate a suggested £5 to Celtic FC Foundation’s Christmas Appeal – Online HERE or by texting ‘CELTIC 5’ to 70085
6. Tweet us @foundationcfc on November 6 to tell us what you’re giving up and what method you’ve used to donate.
All funds raised from the Founding Fathers’ Fast will support our 2019 Christmas Appeal, which honours the founding principles set out when our Club was formed back in 1887.
The Appeal will help local families and pensioners who face poverty and hardship and a number of charities who care for those experiencing the torment of homelessness or other disadvantage. So please follow in the footsteps of Brother Walfrid and help those in our community, who are most in need, this Christmas – a time to give and share, and the Glasgow Celtic will be there.
Thank you so much for your wonderful support.