In less than 10 weeks, a group of supporters will embark upon a 13-day cycle from Glasgow to Milan. The Road to Milan, led by Paul Muldoon, looks to honour the 50th anniversary of the 1970 European Cup final between Celtic and Feyenoord.
A formal recce of the route has been completed and the final aspects of the cycle are being constructed. On April 23, the group will get on their bikes and travel from Celtic Park to the San Siro passing through six countries in total, to raise funds for Celtic FC Foundation.
Paul, who will lead the supporters with the assistance of a dedicated support team, said “This is an amazing opportunity to travel through Scotland, England, the Netherlands, Belgium, France and finish off in Italy. The highlight will be 300km of the Alps. It really is the trip of a lifetime.
“I’m sure there will be a great team spirit on the road with beautiful scenery and it truly promises to be an amazing experience, whilst also raising money for a great cause.”
Paul is eager that any supporters of either Celtic or Feyenoord who may be considering taking part in the cycle get in touch and snap up the remaining places. He added: “We are still recruiting for our final places, either for part of the trip or the full 13 days and we are also on the lookout for additional sponsorship, so I would urge anyone interested to contact us.”
Following arrival in Milan, the group intend to arrange a celebratory event to mark the completion of a monumental challenge.
The estimated cost to take part in the 13-day cycle is in the region of £2,400 (based on 20 participants).
What is included within the package:
• Detailed route reconnaissance and planning by a professional challenge event agency
• Ferry crossing Newcastle/Amsterdam one-way
• Accommodation (twin sharing), including breakfast and dinner on each cycling day
• On the road refreshments and lunch, including energy giving food and drinks on each cycle day
• Support crew and support vehicles including a luggage vehicle, minibus and motorbike
• Carriage of bicycles from Milan back to Glasgow
• Maps with full GPS tracking and directions
What is not included within the package:
• Any meals, snacks or drinks out with the aforementioned
• Any additional hotel costs over and above the standard room with dinner and breakfast
• Travel to the starting point and return travel from Milan
Cyclists will also have the opportunity to join The Road to Milan, by entering the ride at any stage throughout the 13 days. Participants can join for as little as one day of the cycle and costs will vary dependent on the duration and location of the cyclist’s chosen stage. The respective packages will include full assistance from the support crew, accommodation, breakfast and dinner. Cyclists joining for a single stage must arrange their own transport to and from each stage.
The Road to Milan cycle promises to be another wonderful adventure for all the supporters involved. If you are interested in joining the group for the entire ride or for a specific stage, please contact [email protected] for further details.
Or if you’d like to support the groups fundraising efforts, you can do so by making a donation HERE.