CELTIC FC Foundation are encouraging supporters to get active and take part in our first ever Walfrid Wander by walking or running a 10K, half marathon (13 miles) or distance of your choice over the weekend of Saturday, October 24 and Sunday, October 25, 2020, in support of our Football for Good Fund.
The impact of the current COVID-19 pandemic has caused many of Scotland’s mass participation events such as the Great Scottish Run and the Edinburgh Marathon Festival to unfortunately be cancelled for 2020.
However, Celtic FC Foundation are going virtual and offering supporters the opportunity to take part in The Walfrid Wander, no matter where they are in the world.
Getting involved couldn’t be easier.
Simply register HERE to take part and then it’s up to you to decide whether to take on a 10K, half marathon or whatever distance is right for you. You can choose to do any route you wish to make up your chosen distance and track your distance using a platform or device of your choice. Don’t forget to send us your photos on Twitter @FoundationCFC or Instagram @celticfcfoundation and share them with your friends on Facebook.
Registration is now open and the non-refundable entry fee is £5. Please ensure you read the TERMS AND CONDITIONS thoroughly, before registering. Participants must be 13 years of age or over on Saturday, October 24, 2020, in order to take part and participants aged under 18 years must have consent/approval from their parent or legal guardian.
Upon registration, you will receive your sponsorship pack including a sponsor form and details on how to set up your online fundraising page. Participants will also receive a ‘The Walfrid Wander’ wristband.
All we ask is that you commit to raising a minimum of £50 (after entry fee) in support of Celtic FC Foundation’s Football for Good Fund, which is providing food and essentials to those most in need within our communities.
Since the launch of the Football for Good Fund and throughout the next six months or so, the Foundation have ensured and will continue to ensure food parcels, basic necessities, hot meals and other critical interventions are available to the growing number of people affected by the ruthlessness of COVID-19.
But we can’t do it alone.
To support the Football for Good Fund, you can also:
1. Donate by Text – text ‘CELTIC’ followed by ‘£1’, ‘£5’ or ‘£10’ to 70085*
2. Donate Online HERE
3. Donate via PayPal HERE
4. Donate via our Facebook page HERE or set up your own Facebook fundraiser
5. Donate in cash – there are collection boxes in Celtic stores
6. Donate by Cheque – payable to ‘Celtic FC Foundation’ and sent to Celtic FC Foundation, Celtic Park, Glasgow G40 3RE
7. Sign up to regular giving through our Walfrid’s Wish initiative HERE
8. Get involved in our unique #9IAR challenge HERE
9. Purchase our 9-in-a-row badge and Glittering Prize print HERE
10. Provide support through your online shopping via Give as you Live and Amazon Smile
11. Support our Virtual Food Drive HERE
12. Take part in our online auction – details comings soon!
13. Come up with your own fundraising idea and get in touch with us at [email protected]
Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts.
*Texts will cost the donation amount, plus one standard rate message.