WITH the Celtic Sleep Out, Glasgow tomorrow night (Saturday), Celtic Park is set to host more than 110 generous supporters, who will be giving up their time, to raise funds for Celtic FC Foundation’s 2019 Christmas Appeal.
Among those taking part will be Celtic directors, Sharon Brown and Michael McDonald, both of whom are set to participate in the event for the very first time.
Sharon, who joined the board in 2016, spoke about her motivations for signing up for this year’s event, saying: “I heard about the Foundation’s Sleep Out at the last Celtic AGM, and was truly moved by how the monies raised had changed the lives of people in need.
“The Foundation’s Christmas Appeal really goes back to the heart of why Celtic Football Club exists and I’m delighted to be able to take part this year.”
Michael, who has been involved at the club since 1994, added: “Celtic FC Foundation plays a hugely important part at the club, helping to carry on its charitable traditions.
“I wanted to get more involved in the Foundation’s fundraising efforts, so last year I signed up for the Wanderbhoys Kilimanjaro Challenge, which was truly incredible. Following the experience, I was really keen to do something else and the Sleep Out seemed like a great way to help support the 2019 Christmas Appeal.”
Celtic FC Foundation are delighted to be joined by representation from the Board of Directors at the Sleep Out and we look forward to welcoming Sharon and Michael, together with all of our other incredible volunteers, to Celtic Park, this Saturday night.
If you would like to support our Sleep Out participants’ collective fundraising efforts, you can do so by making a donation HERE.
The Glasgow event is sold out but there is still time to register for the Celtic Sleep Out in London. The non-refundable registration fee is £30 per person.
All we ask is that you commit to raising a minimum of £130 (after entry fee) for Celtic FC Foundation’s 2019 Christmas Appeal.
The key details are:
CELTIC SLEEP OUT, LONDON
Date – Saturday, November 30, 2019
Venue – St Anne’s Primary School, Whitechapel
Due to anticipated severe weather conditions, these events will be exceptionally challenging, both mentally and physically. Therefore, participants must be aged 18+ and be in an appropriate physical condition to take part.
Celtic FC Foundation will provide a ground mat and foil sheet/blanket but participants are required to bring the appropriate equipment and wear relevant clothing and footwear.
Funds raised will support our 2019 Christmas Appeal which aims to honour the founding principles set out when the club was formed back in 1887, by continuing to help those in our community, who are most in need. We want to help hundreds of local families facing poverty, by giving them the kind of Christmas we all take for granted.
We also want to support pensioners on our doorstep and help out local charities. We can make a massive difference to the lives of children, the homeless, refugees and those living in refuge or facing other challenges.
Christmas is a time to give and share. And the Glasgow Celtic will be there.
Other ways to get behind the Christmas Appeal 2019, include:
- Donate by Text – text ‘CELTIC’ followed by ‘£1’, ‘£5’ or ‘£10’ to 70085*
- Donate Online
- Donate via PayPal – www.CelticChristmasAppeal.com
- Donate in Cash – there are collection boxes located in all Celtic Stores
- Donate by Cheque – payable to ‘Celtic FC Foundation’ and sent to Celtic FC Foundation, Celtic Park, Glasgow G40 3RE.
- Provide support through your Christmas shopping via Give as you Live and Amazon Smile – http://www.celticfc.net/news/17086
- Contribute via our Christmas Appeal eBay auctions – the first, featuring signed shirts following the Celtic v Motherwell match on Sunday, November 10, is currently live and will close on Sunday, November 17. Our general auction will then take place between Thursday, December 5 and Tuesday, December 10.
- Make a donation to receive your ‘Celtic FC Foundation Letter from Santa’– further details to follow.
- Support our Light Up the Clover initiative on Thursday, November 28 or match-day bucket collection on Sunday, December 15 – http://www.celticfc.net/news/17091
- Come along to Ghirls for Good on Friday, November 29 – http://www.celticfc.net/news/16887
Thank you for your magnificent support.
*Texts will cost the donation amount, plus one standard rate message.