LAST Saturday saw Celtic FC Foundation encourage supporters to get behind our Virtual Food Drive and, as always, the backing from the Celtic family was truly immense, with a total in excess of £10,000 raised.
Having missed out on a planned April event due to the COVID-19 crisis and with fans unable to attend matches at present, we were also unable to host our second collection of the year, our September food drive in partnership with Glasgow North East Foodbank.
However, in the lead up to kick off for the match against Livingston on Saturday, September 19, 2020 we humbly asked those supporters who are in a position to do so, to contribute virtually, to cover the cost of a bag of shopping for those who are most vulnerable in the local community.
The Celtic support reacted in a typically generous fashion, as floods of donations were made throughout the day. Funds raised will cover the cost of food and essentials, which will be provided to those most in need of our support, via Glasgow North East Foodbank and our other Football for Good Fund (FFGF) charity partners.
Celtic FC Foundation Chief Executive, Tony Hamilton said: “These are extremely difficult times we are living in and so many people are currently reliant on Foodbanks and other services providing food and essentials.
“The Celtic fans have provided incredible support in the past for our annual food collections but with these not possible this year, we needed their backing more now than ever, via the Virtual Food Drive initiative.
“Yet again, the supporters got behind us in an incredible way, as they always do and I would like to express my gratitude to everyone who kindly made a donation. A total in excess of £10,000 is a phenomenal outcome and this will go a long way, as we continue to support those most in need. Thank you for your wonderful generosity.”
There’s still time to support our Virtual Food Drive by making a donation HERE
Since the launch of the FFGF and throughout the coming months, the Foundation has ensured and will continue to ensure food parcels, basic necessities, hot meals and other critical interventions are available to the growing number of people affected by the ruthlessness of COVID-19.
But we can’t do it alone.
To support the Football for Good Fund, you can also:
1. Donate by Text – text ‘CELTIC’ followed by ‘£1’, ‘£5’ or ‘£10’ to 70085*
2. Donate Online HERE
3. Donate via PayPal HERE
4. Donate via our Facebook page HERE or set up your own Facebook fundraiser
5. Donate in cash – there are collection boxes in Celtic stores
6. Donate by Cheque – payable to ‘Celtic FC Foundation’ and sent to Celtic FC Foundation, Celtic Park, Glasgow G40 3RE
7. Sign up to regular giving through our Walfrid’s Wish initiative HERE
8. Get active and join The Walfrid Wander HERE
9. Get involved in our unique #9IAR challenge HERE
10. Purchase our 9-in-a-row badge and Glittering Prize print HERE
11. Provide support through your online shopping via Give as you Live and Amazon Smile
12. Take part in our online auction – details comings soon!
13. Come up with your own fundraising idea and get in touch with us at [email protected]
Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts.
*Texts will cost the donation amount, plus one standard rate message