CELTIC FC Foundation, in partnership with Action for Children, have delivered vital support to young people throughout the COVID-19 crisis.
Young people from Glasgow, who took part in Action for Children’s employability services, received emergency packages including food vouchers, toiletries and other essentials thanks to a donation of £10,000 through the Football for Good Fund.
In other areas, families received emergency packages, providing essentials to keep the whole family fed throughout the current crisis.
Action for Children support some of the country’s most vulnerable and disadvantaged families, children, and young people through its 87 services across Scotland. During lockdown, their work has continued but the challenges faced by families and young people have increased.
Paul Carberry, Action for Children Director for Scotland said: “Everyone at Action for Children is grateful to Celtic FC Foundation for their support throughout the crisis, as it’s been a challenging time for everyone.
“Families who were ‘just coping’ before lockdown have found themselves in crisis as the pandemic continues. Families and young people have lost their jobs, have been forced to stretch even further the money they have and seen their mental health deteriorate.
“Covid has created a double whammy of magnifying inequities in vulnerable families and increasing the number of children who are deemed as vulnerable. As a result, children and their families are now facing unprecedented challenges.
“Celtic as a club have helped many young people and families from across different communities, and this help has brought stability and hope just when it has been needed most.
“The work of Celtic FC Foundation continues to inspire as it delivers support to those who need it most, Brother Walfrid would be proud.”
Tony Hamilton, Chief Executive of Celtic FC Foundation, added: “Feeding families and children has been our priority since March and, through the generosity of others, and with partners like Action For Children across the country, we’ve been able to alleviate some of the hardship.
“However, this isn’t the end of it. We have a long way to go, which is why our Football For Good Fund will continue for the foreseeable future.
“In 2020 and, in the middle of a global pandemic, we can’t sit by and watch children go hungry. Please help us continue this work if you can.”
Since the launch of the Fund and throughout the next six months or so, the Foundation has ensured and will continue to ensure food parcels, basic necessities, hot meals and other critical interventions are available to the growing number of people affected by the ruthlessness of COVID-19.
But we can’t do it alone.
To support the Football for Good Fund, you can also:
1. Donate by Text – text ‘CELTIC’ followed by ‘£1’, ‘£5’ or ‘£10’ to 70085*
2. Donate Online HERE
3. Donate via PayPal HERE
4. Donate via our Facebook page HERE or set up your own Facebook fundraiser
5. Donate in cash – there are collection boxes in Celtic stores
6. Donate by Cheque – payable to ‘Celtic FC Foundation’ and sent to Celtic FC Foundation, Celtic Park, Glasgow G40 3RE
7. Sign up to regular giving through our Walfrid’s Wish initiative HERE
8. Get active and join The Walfrid Wander HERE
9. Purchase our 9-in-a-row badge and Glittering Prize print HERE
10. Get involved in our unique #9IAR challenge HERE
11. Provide support through your online shopping via Give as you Live and Amazon Smile
12. Come up with your own fundraising idea and get in touch with us at [email protected]
Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts.
*Texts will cost the donation amount, plus one standard rate message